Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

do we react to our Source?


I love the truth of His Word that when we are children of the Most High God, our spirit will bear witness with the Holy Spirit. Our spirits will react with the Spirit of the Lord in sweet harmony when we are walking in His ways and seeking His face.

I was listening to a teaching tape by Beth Moore yesterday and she was comparing this to the way the strings on a stringed instrument react to the other strings that are on the same frequency. If you play a strong middle 'C' on a piano, you can see and hear the other 'C' strings  vibrate in reaction to the note that was initially played. Not only does the 'C' react, but the other notes on the 'C' scale react as well. All the notes that are on that same frequency begin trembling in reaction to the source of that first tone that was played. It is amazing. It is such a profound truth that it just nearly blew me away.

When we are filled with the Holy Spirit, our spirits should bear witness to that fact. Our spirits should tremble in reaction to the resonance of the Spirits calling. If we are in harmony with the Spirit of God, there should be a direct reaction in us to the work of the Holy Spirit around us. If God is working in us, then our spirits will bear witness to that.

My prayer is to be on the same frequency as the Lord. He is my source. He is where I draw my strength from. He is where I obtain my ability to breathe and live. I want my life to be a sweet and harmonizing song to Him. To be on the same musical scale as the Holy Spirit.  I desire for my spirit to tremble in reaction to my Source.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~










3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Music has long been a source of spiritual understanding for me. Like nature, it has a way of touching the soul like little else can. I love the frequency analogy.

Having studied piano as a child, I also know that the ear has to be trained to hear/play the notes, especially sharps & flats, and that the beat & rhythm of a song is as important at the notes played.

Not only do I want to be on His frequency, but in harmony too. See! Now you've got me thinking ....

Great post.

God Is Enthralled By Your Beauty said...

Beth,
This is such a beautiful post...I also desire with action for my spirit to tremble in reaction to my Source, my God.
Lovely,
Teresa

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

I guess that was what Jesus was praying for when He asked the Father to make one! John 17.... Wishing I had a richer understanding of the Holy Spirit's work. Love those sweet photos!