Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Lord our Maker

I love Psalm 121. The first verse asks the question, "Where will my help come from?" The very next verse gives us our answer. "My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." As we are on this uncertain journey we call life, it is imperative that we remember that our Lord is the uncontested Maker of heaven and earth. He is ever present as our Protector. He never slumbers nor sleeps. He is our shelter.

When we embark on unknown paths, what a comfort it is to know that the one who created all things is there to guide us. We simply have to lift our face up to heaven and call out His name and He is there. Life's challenges don't have to overwhelm us. They don't have control over us. When things seem to be out of our grasp and we don't know what to do or where to turn, that's when we need to recall this Psalm and remember who our help is.

I am so grateful that my trust is in God. I praise Him for the mercy He has shown me. May I always be an instrument for His glory.

Beth

No comments: