Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

the only One who is cling worthy

Being molded and shaped is painful. The whole process of being made into a beautiful piece of pottery that can be used of the Lord hurts at times. Those hurts come in the form of growing pains. They feel injurious to the spirit when they are taking place, but it is in those seasons of hurt that we are drawn into such marvelous communion with the Potter. We tend to seek Him more in those difficult journeys of our life. I think sometimes that is why He allows those tedious walks to be bestowed upon us. Perhaps it is the only way He can get some of us to seek Him with such fervor and desperation. Sad but true.

These painful journeys feel excruciating to our hearts, but at the same time it is what causes us to learn to depend solely on our true and faithful God. He shows us how very merciful and kind He is when He brings us to that place of dependence upon His Sovereignty and His Power. We begin to truly see that He is who He says He is and that He can do what He says He can do. We begin to lean on Him in a way that brings strength to our weary spirits and hope to our tired souls. We begin to see Him in all His fullness and glory.

When things get so heavy on my mind that I feel I will crumble beneath the weight, I cry out to Jesus. And the beautiful thing is I know that He hears me. I never feel alone. Not for long anyway.  Oh, I don't mean that I never have hard times. Or that I never just break down into tears and feel like I am totally losing it. But I do mean that He never fails to bring me the comfort that I seek when I call His name.  Almost immediately I can feel Him wrap His loving arms around me and grant me peace. It is overwhelming to experience. He is overwhelming. 

One year ago today, my precious granddaughter Mercie, who was 3 at the time, received an amazing healing from my God. He reached down from the portals of heaven and touched that baby girl and brought wholeness and restoration to her little body. I will never forget it as long as I live. I thank Him and praise Him for that time and time again.

Today, I am praying for that same miracle in the body of my precious sister, Cari. From the beginning of this harrowing journey with Multiple Myeloma, I sought a very needed Word from the Lord. He granted me that. He gave me a Word of hope. A Word of Victory. One that I cling to and remind my Savior of daily. As my oldest daughter, Megan, told me, "He is the only one that is cling worthy". Indeed He is.

"But He knoweth the way that I take;
when He hath tried me, I 
shall come forth as gold"
(Job 23:10)

So, as I tiptoe through this winding path filled with thorns and thistles, I find myself drawing closer and closer to my Lord. My dependence upon Him only grows stronger as time marches on and for that I am so grateful. It is hard to watch someone you love walk this treacherous path. It is heartbreaking to feel so helpless. As we pick our way through the briers hanging in the pathway and as we encounter the seeming setbacks along the way, I can look back and see the reality of His goodness embedded in each one of them. Even though the path we wouldn't have chosen is the one we are on, I see Victories along the way that I praise Him for continually. Things don't always seem to go smoothly, but then again, things that could have been, haven't been... Praise the Lord for those small baby steps toward a huge victory.

When all this is said and done, and the Victory is my sisters for the taking, I, for one will be shouting a HUGE Hallelujah to an amazing God and King and I will be giving Him praise and glory and honor forever for the healing in her life. I look forward to that coming day with sweet anticipation of an amazing Victory through Him. He is our hope.  He is our joy. He is worthy of all our praise. 

Oh, He is so worthy. And I can truly say, that's my God... that's my King. The only One who is cling worthy. And oh, how I love Him so...


No comments: