Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

God is so good - thankful thursday


Join me in Thankful Thursday by stopping in at Greg's place.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am thankful that God gave me the opportunity to sit by a friends side Tuesday and minister. As she lay in bed at her daughters house she was in obvious pain from the cancer. Physical, emotional and spiritual. I am so thankful that God gave me the words to say to try and bring her some comfort. I am thankful for the strength He gave me to keep myself together emotionally. My heart is in turmoil over her pain and anguish. I hurt for what she is going through and I hurt for what I know is coming unless God intervenes. I am thankful for the way God is working in the situation and I am blessed that He is allowing me to be part of it. Thank you, Lord, for your gracious Holy Spirit who is our Comforter.

I am thankful that God sent a mighty man of His to our church revival this week to bring us a HUGE Word from His throne. The Word certainly circumcised some hearts and the Word was painful at times. But, oh praise God, it was the TRUTH.  It was a necessary Word for God's people and I pray that all of us who heard it will take it to heart and let it change us from the inside out. May we never be the same again. Thank you, Lord, for teaching me what Christianity really looks like and what it means to be an authentic disciple of yours.

I am thankful that God has graced me with 6 grandchildren that I love with all of my heart. I am so thankful that they love me too. Nothing fills my heart with more joy than to walk in my daughter Megan's house and have Mercie, Eli and Mikaela all run to me with such excitement and call out my name. "Nana's here!"  Silas can't walk or talk, but he certainly gives me the biggest smiles!



I am thankful that when Ashlie calls me from Wyoming, Bryton gets on the phone and tells me that he wants to come see me and that he loves me. Even Sawyer will tell me he loves me.

I am thankful that at the end of the day even in the midst of the storms and when nothing else will do.... God's Word is enough. Thank you, Jesus.

Oh, Lord, thank you for helping me to see what it truly means to be a Christian. A true disciple. It's not about us at all. It's only about You. Help me to die to myself daily and pick up my cross and follow You. Where ever You may lead. At whatever cost. I surrender ALL.

4 comments:

mommyto4blessings said...

"Wherever you may lead. At whatever cost. I surrender ALL"

I needed that confirmation today, Mom! Thanks so much for being such a godly woman. I am thankful for you.

Sherri said...

The WORD this week was wonderful!

The Word is sharper than a two edged sword and when preached unhindered it does surgery on the heart and lives of those who live HIM and HIS WORD. Though surgery it not fun and can be painful, PRAISE GOD FOR THE RESTORATION IT BRINGS! TO HIM BE THE GLORY!

NanaNor's said...

Dear Friend, I say Amen to your desires because they echo my heart as well. So very thankful you were there to minister to the ill lady-what a blessing to have you beside her.
Hugs and much love today!
Noreen

Nana Jul said...

God is so Good! And I'm so glad you brought words of comfort. What an inner strength the Lord has given you. Knowing where ever he leads..He's with you...
Empty me of me, and fill it with you Lord!
Happy TT Beth.
Love ya
Julie