Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

He speaks...

I love that God gives us the desire to seek. There is such an amazing feeling deep inside when my spirit is in this searching mode.When I know that there is something that God is wanting to reveal to me. Something He is ready to show me. Something that He has for me and is giving me directions to find. Something that will change my life in Him and for Him.

This process stirs up a ravenous hunger way down in my soul for a mighty revelation of Him. A deep longing for a Word. It causes me to begin a fervent search of the Holy scriptures to dig deep into the mystery of who He is. Hoping to find, no.... expecting to find a sweet and thrilling revelation from my Father.

It's not always a quick process. There are times when He has me seeking the scripture for long periods and times when He has me searching His heart diligently for days on end. Sometimes I wonder if I am looking in vain as I don't have any clear direction or answers. And then He speaks....

"I'm beginning a work in you my child. A work that I will show you when the time is right. Just continue to follow me and trust me."

You see, we don't always know where the Lord is taking us or what He has in store for us when He finally gets us there. But we can be assured of His presence in our lives during the journey. We know that our faith is secure in Him and His power. He won't let us down. He won't lead us astray.

1 Corinthians 2:5 tells us, "That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God"

He will reveal the things of His spirit to us when He has prepared our hearts and our minds to receive them. It is a gradual process as He gently guides us from step to step. Taking us from strength to strength. Making our hearts ready for each new level of spiritual growth.

We follow Him even when we aren't sure of the destination. We follow Him if He shows us the destination but we aren't sure of the road we are to take to get there. Or the purpose for us there once we arrive. As my heart has been pondering these things that He is showing me, I have to remind myself that unless I am completely surrendered, I am not surrendered at all. That I have to trust Him in ALL things. That when He whispers to my spirit, "I am FOR you", I believe it with all of my heart.

And when my flesh begins to waver and the fear of the unknown starts to take hold, I turn to the Truth of His Word.  The Lord graciously takes me to the first chapter of First Corinthians. My eyes glance down and He guides my focus to three little words.

God is faithful..... (1 Corinthians 1:9)

My spirit relaxes. A peace washes over me with sweet comfort. And I know. I know that wherever He leads.. Whatever the journey along the way entails...Regardless of the fears of my flesh that threaten to overcome me...God is faithful.

Praise you, Lord. You are always faithful.  And I love with You with all that I am. I surrender my all.

6 comments:

Dawning Inspiration said...

Oh wow - I so know that works He begins don't always get completed right away (in my timing!)

He's working in me right NOW!!!!
Hugs to you!

Elizabethd said...

Beautiful post.
We can do nothing else but follow him, if we are His...and keep trusting in the knowledge that His plan for us is greater than anything we can think of.

achildoftheking said...

Amen & amen. I needed this. Praise You, Father God.

Nancy said...

Wonderful. I love to watch your search. It is very inspiring to me.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

First... love the new look of your blog!

Secondly, I, too, love the "finds" of Scripture. Like you, I could spend days looking at a passage, maybe even just a couple of verses, allowing them to fully sink in. In addition, I know when the Lord is speaking this kind of word to my heart. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, I am grateful for the "find." I know it will eventually make its way onto paper, even as it has made its way into my heart.

Keep digging, friend.

Thanks for your prayers.

peace~elaine

Cherie Hill said...

Wow sister . . . you cannot imagine how timely this is for me. I needed to be reminded of those truths and I NEEDED those promises to add to my prayers. You have blessed my tremendously today by your abiding in Him!
Blessings and love,
Cherie