I love thankful Thursday's with Greg because it encourages me to take the time to really focus on the positive. It helps me put my mind on the many blessings that the Lord bestows on me daily. He is so good to me and I need this reminder not to take life and its goodness for granted.
1. I am thankful that my husband and I had a great mini vacation last week. We spent 4 days in New Orleans and really enjoyed just being together.
We took strolls along the Riverwalk.
We enjoyed a tour through the St. Louis Cathedral. I spotted it across the marketplace and was just so awed at the beauty of it.
When we walked in the sanctuary, the Holy Spirit was so thick. We just felt the sweetest presence of God in the church. It was just amazing. The mural on the ceiling was hand painted and it was absolutely breathtaking.
2. I am thankful that even my trip to the aquarium gave me a glimpse of the glory of God. It is hard to look at all the many different shapes and sizes of sea life and not realize how awesome God's creation is. From the beauty found in schools of colorful fish to the splendor of the rainbow of colors found below the sea. Everywhere I looked, I saw the magnificence of God's handiwork.
"The heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament showeth His handiwork" (Psalm 19:1)
3. I am thankful that one day as we were walking on the Riverwalk, we came across an older man playing his guitar and singing. As we drew closer to him, I began to recognize what he was singing. "I'll fly away, oh glory, I'll fly away. When I die hallelujah by and by, I'll fly away". It was so sweet and I felt God's presence in that moment. As I dropped some money into his hat, I sang the chorus with him and was blessed beyond measure. God is so good to show Himself in obscure places.
4. I am thankful that my 2 grandsons are home after 11 weeks in Wyoming! Bryton was so glad to see his cousin Mercie. They were so sweet and I am thankful that I captured this moment when they saw each other for the first time that day.
Eli and Bryton were happy to see each other as well. They kept calling each other 'buddy'. I am thankful that my girls are able to raise their children together and that the cousins are so close to each other. It really blesses my heart.
Mikaela was so happy to see Sawyer - she couldn't believe how much he had grown!
Aunt Megan was happy to get some good sugar from Sawyer. She had really missed those fellas and was glad they were finally home.
5. I am thankful that Ashlie and her family are home. I missed them so much when they were away working. It just isn't the same without them here. I am thankful that God brought them safely back to Louisiana. He is so good!
6. I am thankful that little Silas got his first tooth! Even 6 grandkids later, that first tooth is still so precious to me!
"Be careful for nothing; but in
every thing by prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving let your requests
be made known unto God"
Thank you, sweet Lord, for your mercy and your grace. Thank you for your goodness and your love. You have blessed me in abundance and I am forever grateful.