* Books bring me much joy! I love to read and I just love getting new books. A few months ago, I bought the book Roaring Lions, Cracking Rocks, and other Gems from Proverbs by fellow blogger Warren Baldwin. I have always loved reading from Proverbs but there have been times when I didn't always understand them and perhaps didn't always see a modern day application. Warren has taken these ancient sayings and so brilliantly applied them to our everyday lives. He has brought the book of Proverbs to life and given me new desire to dive into it with fresh awareness.
I love the way the book is set up. It is divided into 8 sections and each section is divided into short entries. I love using it as part of my daily devotion. I can read one at a time or I can read several, as time permits. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a great devotional.
When I purchased my copy of this book, Warren so graciously sent me an extra one to use in a giveaway. Leave me a comment on this post and I will pick a winner from the comments sometime next week.
You can visit Warren on his blog here and you can also read more of his wisdom laced posts at the Titus 2 in Action blog.
Thank you , Warren, for this great book inspired by the Holy Word of God.
* My granddaughter, Mercie, fills me with joy! She is so full of life and has such a sweet personality. There is nothing quite as sweet as her little arms wrapped around your neck and hearing her say, 'i wuh u, Nana'. Last night she was riding in the car with me and her Papa and she was just amazed at all the Christmas lights. She was so excited and kept telling us, 'I see the 'tisamas lights! I do see 'em!' I think that Jimbo and I got our hearts filled with much joy just from her delight.
* The Christmas story bring me much joy! I have been reading Luke 1 and 2 every morning for the past few weeks. Each time I read it, I feel an overwhelming sense of wonder in my heart. It still moves me to tears. It still fills me with awe at what my precious Lord did for me. May I never grow weary of reading about my Savior's birth and may it never cease to fill me with great joy.
* My granddaughter, Mikaela, fills me with joy! When she stays the night, we always spend some time together before bedtime reading God's Word and talking. A few nights ago, we were talking about getting crowns and rewards when we get to heaven for our works here on earth and how we would be able to lay these at the feet of Jesus. We were talking about how wonderful that is going to be and Mikaela looked at me and said, "Nana, I don't want to do good works just to get crowns and rewards, I want to do them because I love Jesus so much." Oh, my.. my eyes filled with tears and I could barely speak. I said, "Oh, Mikaela, me too, baby.. me, too." Indeed, this eight year old child fills me with some JOY!
* My 4 grandsons bring me much joy! It has been so much fun watching these little ones grow. Boys are so different than girls and I have had the most fun experiencing all the 'little boy things' that I missed out on while raising 3 girls. Bryton, Sawyer, Eli and Silas fill me with great joy!
* Jesus fills me with much JOY! He is all I need. He is everything to me. I am so grateful for His presence in my life and I want to live my life totally surrendered to Him and His will for me. I am blessed beyond measure. I am overwhelmed at His goodness. I am so unworthy. He is my Joy.
"But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the lord."
(Luke 2: 10-11)