Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

thank you Lord...

Ever since I started keeping my '1000 gifts' journal, it has really opened my eyes to the multitude of blessings that God gifts me with every day. It has made me much more aware of the little things I take for granted.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I am so blessed with precious grandchildren. They fill me with more joy than I could ever imagine. Each one is so special and has their own place in my heart. 


(Eli, Silas, Mikaela and Mercie R.)
~~~~~~~~~~~

(Bryton and Sawyer H.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so thankful for the precious little baby girl that is growing inside my youngest daughter Ashlie. As I see her stomach grow each week, I am filled with such awe at the goodness of God and the miracle of new life. 
(23 weeks)

~~~~~~~~~~`
I have enjoyed making all sorts of things for this little one and I am so thankful that He has given me the ability to sew and the resources to make it happen!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just love it when God gives me a Word during my morning bible study time. I love it when a scripture just leaps off of the page and grabs my heart. 

"The Spirit of God hath made me, and the 
breath of the Almighty hath given me life"
(Job 33:4)

I read that yesterday and it just blew me away with the power of the message. Because of Him I have life through the amazing, powerful, mighty breath of God! Oh, breathe on me sweet Holy Spirit!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am thankful that I can sit out on the patio and read a good book. And a good book is always better with coffee and cookies....

 I am deep into "Downpour" by James MacDonald and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, it is a book that you will want to read! It is about desiring and obtaining an encounter with Jesus like nothing you have ever experienced before. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am thankful that Jimbo was able to go to Las Vegas to see his friend John and minister to him and to Terrylyn. John did make a profession of faith on Saturday and when Jimbo asked him who it was that he asked to be the Lord of his life, John answered, "Jesus Christ". I got to talk to John on the phone for just a few minutes the other day (his attention span is very limited) and it was so good to hear his voice - he sounded just like I remember. I am praising God for the work that He is doing in John's spiritual life and I just know that it is just the beginning of a mighty work that He is going to continue doing! Please continue to pray for the healing of John's short term memory problem. 


(Jimbo and John - 4/29/11)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

(Jimbo and John - Degray, Arkansas - November 1986. Our first weekend away from our oldest daughters who were then 6 months and 18 months old.)


(Me, Jimbo and Terrylyn)
~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you, Lord, for friendship that spans the years.. Thank you for ordaining our relationship with John and Terrylyn 27 years ago. Even then You knew that this day would come and You have directed each step that has been taken on this path up until this very day for 'such a time as this'. I praise You for the miracle that has already taken place in John's life in the form of his Salvation. I ask that you continue to strengthen his body and increase his short-term memory. Ease the pain that every movement causes and  fill him with unspeakable joy at the indwelling of your Spirit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am thankful for:

friends,
my first cup of coffee in the morning,
Monday morning bible study,
a sweet husband,
God's magnificent Word,
the beauty of a sunrise and sunset,
the 'slumber party' I had at my daughter Megan's house the other night,
answered prayer,
and 
the assurance of my salvation.

16 comments:

Wanda said...

Loved your words of encouragement and life from God's Word.

We share some very similar gifts...grandchildren. I just celebrated my 70th surrounded by my grandchildren and two great grandsons...they are added to my 1000 gifts journal.

Your sewing is beautiful...what a gift, and your coffee, cookies and a good book...another gift!!

Have a great week.

Elizabethd said...

How wonderful that the visit to your friends was so full of the Lord.
I agree with you, nothing is quite such a blessing as having grandchildren.

Yolanda said...

God so beautifully uses Jimbo and yourself in the lives of others.

The sewing projects are cute!!

And I truly enjoyed looking at the pictures of yester-year.

Love you!

Kathleen said...

That little blue-bowed princess is my fav. She has such a mischevious & whimsical expression. Any chance she takes after her Grandma?

I love your collection of thankfulnesses. Wonderful post.

Blessines,
Kathleen

Jeanette Levellie said...

You encourage me with your love for your kids, your sewing skills, and your joy at your friend coming into the kingdom. The older I get, the more I long to win people to Jesus.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Just an awesome list and great pictures. Oh I love what you have made...we are still praying my daughter-in-law can get pregnant, her miscarriage was in November and nothing has happened again, she is 27 and starting to get frustrated..but God is faithful and she is looking to him.

The grandchildren are adorable....blessings to you! great list.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family - and just adorable dress, too! What a gift you have!!! It is such a blessing to be able to love family and friends the way you described! Simply beautiful!

Beth in NC said...

What a precious post!

Beth, ahhhh. I yearn to sit out on our deck and read my Bible and my journal in hand!!! I must get our deck ready for spring/summer!

I also LOVE the clothes you made!!! You are so talented.

Your grand-babies are precious! I known you eat them up!

God bless your friend!

Love in Him,
Beth

Duane Scott said...

Those are some beautiful pictures of your grandsons.

I bet they get into their fair share of trouble. ;)

I can just see it.

Sherri said...

I love when GOD gives a word to a dear sweet sister and friend. I love that she then shares that word with others and it touches me right where I needed a touch from the LORD.

I love that I am then beckoned me to grab my coffee (dont have any cookies) and head to the front porch rocking chair with my newest book. A book of course that she recommended. Of course there is that fact that she just recommended yet another one :o)

I loved seeing Jimbo with John and know that God is answering prayers!

And I "love" seeing my pastor in those shorts and that hair...LOLOLOLOL thinking I may need to print this!!!

Oh yes, and I got a new golf club yesterday for mothers day, and what do I see here today, but you playing golf!!!

I learned so very much today in your blog :o)

Love ya!!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

You are truly blessed. I think we are doubly blessed when we are aware of God's blessings too. When I remember God's love, and his gifts and blessings,I am over-awed.

Toyin O. said...

These are very lovely pictures, thanks for sharing your wonderful experiences with us, we serve a good God:)

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

This tracking of blessings is a life-changer, isn't it? Your grateful heart shows.

Nana Jul said...

Praise God - Oh I'm so glad John proclaimed Jesus as LORD!! Whoo hoo!! You are so talented with your sewing!! All of the projects are beautiful!! and I so agree...1000 gifts has opened my eyes and heart to the abundant, Lavish Love our Jesus pours on us!! Astounding!!
Love ya sister!
Julie

Warren Baldwin said...

This is a wonderful story!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Thank you for the update on your friends! What joy and comfort there is in knowing that Jesus now reigns in his heart! Also, loved seeing your handiwork. Those clothes are so precious! Undoubtedly, your daughters are blessed to have you as a personal seamstress. My mother used to sew but has mostly given it up.

Good to "read up" on your life today. God is at work!

peace~elaine