Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

fingermarks of Jesus

I feel the urgency in my spirit. I walk across the parking lot from my house to the church with sweet expectancy in my heart. Slowly, I open the doors to the sanctuary and I immediately feel the wind of the Spirit. He is in this place. I step over the threshold and a deep reverence settles over me. 

I can feel Him. I can sense His powerful presence.

I enter the Lord's House and being to walk toward the altar. I take quiet steps, not wanting to disturb the sacred feel of the moment. I am in the Holy of holies. I am in the presence of the Almighty God.

Approaching the altar, I bend my knees and bow my heart before Him. Emotion begins to flood my soul and I worship. The tears begin to flow. Hot tears of conviction and confession. Tears of repentance. Tears of gratitude and overwhelming love for my Savior and Lord.

As I fall to my face in humility, my heart is full of sadness for those things that I have done that don't please Him. Regret for things that I neglect to do daily. Sorrow for the many times 'self' gets in the way of what His purpose is for me. But it is also full of praise for the generous grace and sweet mercy that is dispensed to me every day by Christ. Every hour.

New beginnings and fresh starts. Forgiveness. Cleansing.

I feel the Lord minister to my spirit and I hear Him whisper to my heart. 

What an amazing thing to be in the presence of our God. To feel His glory. To sense His closeness and almost feel His touch. Holy Hands reaching out to a hurting child. Holy Hands binding up some wounds that need some healing. Holy Hands cradling a crippled soul in a loving embrace and feeling His Holy breath as He whispers your name.

"I love you, too", I echo back to my Lord in a very hushed voice that is overcome with emotion.

An encounter with Jesus. One that leaves me with a deep urgency in my spirit for another..

Slowly I head back home and I just know that I bear the fingermarks of Jesus on my skin. I can still feel the gentle touch of His Hands as He ministered to me so tenderly. Truly, He is the Son of God. 


4 comments:

Dawning Inspiration said...

Love when I can feel Him and Hear Him speak.... ;o)

NanaNor's said...

Blessings sweet sister, Just this morning I was listening to the story behind the song Alive-and I could feel the Spirit ministering to me through the words of the gal speaking. Love that! Want more of Him.
xxxooo

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

Your transparent heart is a blessing!

Michele Williams said...

Your post was a blessing.