Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

oh, how He loves

I can't even imagine living my life without my sweet Lord. I don't know how people make it through any given day if they don't have an intimate relationship with Jesus.  I depend upon Him for every breath that I draw and every step that I take. He is my strength. My rock. My refuge. He is my all in all and I love Him so.

When life gives us detours that we don't really care to go on, it is so comforting to have a Savior that will walk beside us as we are forced to veer off the path we thought was set before us. As we head off in a different direction than we had originally set our sights on, Christ is so gracious to walk that path right in front of us and lead the way. Even when I don't understand the detour, wherever He leads, I will follow. Even though it isn't the way we would have chosen to go, it is the right way because it is His way. 

The beauty about a relationship with Jesus is that He is always in control. Even in the midst of the storms of life, we can rest assured that He will be walking that road along side of us. Leading the way. Preparing the path. Giving us the strength that we need to climb those hills that seem to be lurking around every curve of the road. He is so good.

I love that He knows me so well. I love that when I cry out to Him, I can know He hears me. I love that when I wind up face-down on the carpet sobbing my eyes out to Him in my frustration of life's turmoil, I can feel His arms wrap me up and embrace me so lovingly. I can pour my heart out to Him and He cares. I can bare my soul to Him and He understands. 

"We love Him, because He first loved us"
1 John 4:19

I can be sure of His love for me. Oh, praise His Holy name for that! If I don't have anything in this world except the love of my Savior, I have enough. His love is everything to me. His love covers and protects. It embraces and it envelopes. His love is all-consuming and all-encompassing. 

I am so grateful that even in my wretched state, Jesus loves me. In my frail humanness, He is forgiving and kind. As I try so hard each day to live my life to be a sweet savor unto Him, I know that He is rooting for me and that He is bestowing grace upon me each step of the way. He is for me. I can feel it. 

I need Him so. Sometimes my need for Him gets pushed to the side and I get a little too confident in my own self. I daresay we all fall victim to that trap at one time or another. It is those times that God allows trials to come that cause us to fall on our faces in humility and repent of such foolishness. Without Him, I am nothing. I know that. I sometimes forget that. But He is so sweet to gently remind me of His Sovereignty and His Authority in my life. 

I don't ever want to travel this life's journey without Him beside me. As we journey together, I feel His presence and I draw strength from Him. Each breath I take is only because He has given it to me. As I put my faith and trust in His Word and in what I know to be true, I am humbly drawn to the foot of the cross. That is where I find comfort. And strength. And power. And love. That is where I find healing.  

"Who is he that overcometh the world, but
he that believeth that Jesus is the 
Son of God?" 
(1 John 5:5)

Thank you, Lord for the promises in your Word. Lord, I thank you for the healing that you have begun in my   sister's body. As we hold tight to our faith and we look not to evidences but only to the power of your spoken Word, give us strength and hope based on the authority of your scriptures. We praise you for the mighty work you are doing in her even now and we will give you all praise and all honor and all glory when the fruition of your mighty miracle in her life is made manifest. 


I love you my Jesus, with all of my heart and all of my strength and all of my might. You are my everything.



2 comments:

Nana Jul said...

He is still God, and He is still Good even when we don't see the results yet.
He's got ya! and Cari too! And we are praying!!
Hold onto the Hem of His Robe!
Love ya
Jul

Anonymous said...

Good reminder of where our true source of inspiration, strength and direction comes from. Good post.