Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

it's fun being a Nana


(a happy Nana and 4 of her precious angels)
~~~~~~~~~
When my girls were small, I used to make "homemade" cinnamon rolls that they thought were the best things ever! I started making them with my precious grandyoungin's and now they look forward to spending the night with Nana, because it means cinnamon rolls will be made for breakfast. The recipe is so easy, so I thought that I would share it.



All you need is the following:

1 can crescent rolls
butter or margarine
cinnamon sugar mixture
powdered sugar
milk
grandkids (optional)

(Eli,Mercie and Mikaela)

Unroll the entire can of crescent rolls and press seams together to make one big rectangle. Spread entire surface with butter or margarine.

It works really well when you have many small hands fighting for the butter....


Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon/sugar mixture.


Roll the dough back up into a cylinder and then cut into 10 - 12 equal slices.


Slice into 10-12 pieces and place in round baking dish. Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes.

Mix together 3 T softened butter/margarine, 1 cup powdered sugar (more or less), dash of milk and vanilla. Spread onto baked cinnamon rolls and enjoy!



~~~
Thank you, Lord for the ability to spend time with my precious grandbabies. I am so blessed and I am so grateful for your loving kindness and mercy upon me and my family. May I continue to strive to always be an example of You to my children and grandchildren. May I always be filled with gratitude at your unfailing love and grace. You are breath and life to me. And I will serve you all the days of my life.

15 comments:

Angel said...

Love those sweet grandkids!! So fun that you make cinnamon rolls with them. Mainly you are making memories they will never forget!!

Love and Blessings to you my friend!!

Alleluiabelle said...

You are such a beautiful Nana and your grandchildren are so very precious. I know how much that special time with them brings such a gentle peace and a heart filled with such immense love for them as I feel the same way. Being a Nana is the best ever!

I invite you over to my place as we had family time this weekend. Memories made, special times shared and loving hearts bid good-bye this morning as the last of our in-laws left.

I love you "Nana".

Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

NanaNor's said...

Blessings sweet friend, What a wonderful post! Love seeing you with some of your grands-they are adorable. I wish we lived near each other because I know we'd have a blast. Love the cinnamon rolls-our grands love them too. We got into eating them alot when we moved here but have to give them up for my health. How are you feeling? Hugs to you,
Noreen

Nancy M. said...

Sounds delicious! They are so lucky to have such a great Nana!

Nana Jul said...

Oh my word, cinnamon rolls and your cute GRANDS....I'll take mine with the GRANDS!!!
Precious pictures!! Sweet sweet tradition to carry on :)
Isn't the Lord so good?!
Enjoy!
Love
Julie

Barbara said...

So cute, yes those look real good, and so easy too, good memories your making with them, hugs Barbara

Beth said...

My mother made these and now I do. My family including grandkids love them.
But I just did the crescents separately and I put butter, brown sugar and cinnamon inside and milk and brown sugar on the tops.
Your way sounds good too.
I'm visiting via simple country girl's post.
The fact that you're a grandma interested me. I have 5 and one on the way.

Deb said...

Beth, I copied your recipe...those cinnamon rolls sound wonderful!

I'm a little confused about the mixture that you spread on the dough after you've spread the butter.

Please help! I really want to bake these with my granddaughters.

Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Sweet dreams.

BECKY said...

Hi Beth! Isn't being Nana a blast? Even though my little grandy is in Tennessee now, I still love hearing her call me Nana, and saying, "I love you, Nana." Just precious!

You are truly blessed to have time with yours!! And they are blessed to have YOU for their Nana!!

Thanks for sharing the recipe! I'll make it with her when she visits!!
Have a blessed week.
Love,
Becky

Anonymous said...

Beth, what wonderful times of memories that you are making with your beautiful grandkids! I can see the love in all of your smiles :)
Blessings,
Miriam
p.s.--I will have to try that simple and yummy-looking rolls.

ElissaM said...

that sounds like a delicious meal/recipe! Nice and easy! I bet they do love that time with you and the treats...Nana's are always good at letting them get messy and eating goodies:-)

Thena said...

Now that's an easy way to make cinnamon rolls. Sure beats waiting for yeast to rise.

Dawning Inspiration said...

ooooh - yum - have one (or two) for me!!

Yolanda said...

Pure sweetness, and I'm not even talking about those awesome looking rolls.

I heart you!

Karen said...

From one Nana to another...I agree...it is fun!

Very sweet pictures!