Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lord, I am ready when You are!

Have you ever felt like the Lord had something really important to tell you, but that He was waiting until He felt like you were ready. I mean, really ready?

Deep down in the recesses of my spirit, I feel Him nudging me with the beginnings of a work He wants to do in me. A work that He wants to do through me. I sense a stirring in my inner being of Him trying to prepare me for the next step He will guide me in. A stirring that continues to build but one that isn't on the verge of errupting into the tangible yet.

I have been trying to be still lately and focus more on Him. Trying to be still so He can move. I have felt like I need some serious quiet time with Him so that He can speak. I have even wondered why He is taking so long to reveal things to me. And then tonight as I was praying, it occured to me that perhaps that is part of what He is doing in my life. Helping me to see the importance of a continual and growing relationship with Him. Helping me to see the beauty in the waiting. It seems like when I am waiting for Him to talk to me, I spend a lot more time seeking His presence. I spend a lot more time on my face before Him.

I so desire a deeper and deeper walk with Him. I long to meet with Him. I find myself hurrying through the daily mundane things so I can retreat to my study and just get with God! There's nothing quite as serene as the feeling I get when I begin to commune with Jesus. I just long to sit in His presence. I long to feel His sweet embrace. I can just bask in the glorious splendor of the Holy Spirit and allow my soul to be drenched in His love. Satiated in the knowledge that He desires to fellowship with me. Knowing that He loves to spend time with me and that He even delights in me. 

I realize that when He is ready to begin a new work in my life, He will open my eyes, my ears and my heart so that I can see, receive and hear. He will most certainly reveal those hidden things when He senses that I am ready to walk in obedience of the calling. Those deep things that He has for me will come. The purpose that He has in mind for my life will come to fruition. I just have to be still and wait. Wait for His perfect timing. His perfect will.

But for now, I have a long way to go in allowing my heart to be sanctified. I have some things that the Lord and I have to deal with. Some attitudes that I have to come to terms with. Some areas of spiritual neglect that need some remodeling.

I am definitely a work in progress. And I am so thankful that God is so patient. So merciful. So gracious.

In the meantime, I will derive my strength from Him. I will spend time in His presence. Time at His feet. I will be still and I will wait.

"But those who wait on the LORD, shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles,
they shall run and not be weary,
they shall walk and not faint"
(Isaiah 40:31)

I

Beth

15 comments:

Kathleen said...

You're singing my song, sister! As I near the birthday clock that's about to countdown "62", I am again reminded that every step, every breath is ordered by Him. I dare not - and I DESIRE not - to take either of them without Him blessing.

Looking forward to a great soar!

Kathleen

Yolanda said...

I'm right there with you and had a really neat conversation yesterday with another Sister in Christ, face to face. About how when we walk by the place in our homes that we separate from the world and spend time with Him, causes a hunger to rise with-in us. Like He is pulling us to be with Him.

I know how you love to be busy and are very active, but isn't it amazing how He is realy pressing in that this is NOT what He wants of us? He desires us to get still, stop DOING, stop the busy-ness, and simply REST in Him.

I'm so thankful for this season of our lives.

Love YOU!

Jackie said...

Oh my goodness Beth! Once again I stop by for a visit and every word you spoke is exactly what's taking place in my journey with Him right now!! I feel like I'm just on ther verge of the tangible....like a veil being lifted and finally "seeing" what He's been stiring within my being! Kinda like the big reveal on the TV show of the extreme home makeover! Heightened anticipation of being just moments away from beholding what He's been working on in my life! And that heightened anticipation draws me closer and closer to Him! That's the key...continual communion, seeking and drawing closer and closer to His heart!!

I get excitied about it all over again just typing this comment!!

We serve and awesome God, don't we sister!!

Luv, Hugs and Sweet Blessings!
Jackie

Heart2Heart said...

Beth,

I see from a few bloggers this has become a recurring them about learning to wait upon the Lord and simply surrender our time to Him. Praying that God reveals those perfect plans to you!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Nana Jul said...

Oh my...Yes! It's like Jackie said a great anticipation, if we could only get quieter..listen closer...and like Kathleen said we dare not, and desire not to take a step without HIM! Speak Lord for your servant is listening!
(1 Samuel 3:10)
Isa. 62:10...
Incredible! Waiting with you in GREAT expection!! Love, Julie

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I have been there many times before; I think I'm there as well.

I had the sweetest time with the Lord this morning; I wish my day would allow me more of it, but this is, perhaps, the busiest season I've known in a long time. A good season, but extremely time-demanding and stressful. It's part of his working in me, so I count it all a joy... most days!

Can't wait to see how God is going to work his will through you, Beth. Keep to it.

peace~elaine

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

I have to say that I understood every word of this Beth! It's where I feel my own heart is right now, and I know God is going to answer each of our prayers.

Love,

Sonja

TRUTH SHARER said...

I sense it too Beth. Thank you for your honest post. Too often though, I think, we think that the 'something' - is a great 'work' that is going to come to us by way of fame - something big - recognition - or the like. Yet in my heart of hearts, I believe it will come for all of us through great suffering and trials - in a place where we find ourselves 'scrubbing toliets' instead of 'speaking at a retreat' or 'writing a book' ..... not exactly what WE had pictured .... not what WE had in mind.

But then..... in God's Kingdom - His ways are beyond ours and He says "the first shall be last and the last shall be first."

I pray I get my priorities lined up with His - and that I will never be too distracted [in my own ideas of the 'something'] to reach out to help the one He has placed right in front of me at the moment!

He's drawing us to the 'deep desire for His Presence' because when the time comes for the 'something' to be revealed - it is going to require more than we've got - it's going to require HIM - in us!

Thanks for the challenging heart-filled reminder.

Choosing JOY, Stephanie
JESUS ONLY in 2010

mholgate said...

Thanks for your encouraging words Beth. You always seem to lift my spirits. I woke up before dawn this morning to the sound of my 6 year old son throwing up. It seems we are not quite out of the fog as I thought. Please keep praying for our returned health.

Can I ask your prayers for something else, just being honest with you? As a mom of 5 kids, I am just feeling weary lately. Maybe it will change when I fully recover, but there have been times during this bout of sickness that I've just wanted to cry. It's been tough because my DH is sick too. Neither one of us have much energy to pour into the kids.

Anyway, what I need is prayer that God would fill my cup with His love to pour into them even when it seems like I don't have an ounce of energy to do one.more.thing.

Thanks Beth!
Have a blessed weekend!
-Melissa

Deborah Ann said...

Oh yes! Last week I had a dream in which I was talking on the phone to a woman, and she put her husband on the phone, because he had a word from the Lord for me. Only I could barely hear him, because the TV and stereo were on too loud. I immediately knew God wanted to tell me something, so the next morning I sat quietly in His presence, and I got the message! God is so good!

Beth in NC said...

I can definitely relate my friend! It seems like I stay in some sort of holding pattern ... desiring more, something is right outside of my reach. I am always wanting to go deeper in Him, wanting more of God in my life.

He stands at the door. We will find as we seek.

(((hugs)))

Love!
b

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

I love your beautiful spirit. ... Oh, that all of us in this world would long to finish our daily tasks so we could spend time with Him. I love the example you set.

Jeanette Levellie said...

Beth: This is the cry of my heart as well, to hear from Jesus and obey. He wants to move in my life, but must wait on me to become ready.

I needed to read this today, dear.
Thank you,
Jen
Audience of ONE

Karen Hossink said...

I am fully convinced that God never wastes our time. If He has us waiting, He has a reason. And it's always good.
Always.
And I have a feeling He loves it when you seek Him in the waiting. Yes. I bet He's smiling right now! *grin*

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

Hi Beth!

Very moving post! I'm very inspired by your passion and faith. I want to ask you to please add my mom back on your prayer blog. They found 4 spots on her pet scan thank you. She went for a liver scan today. Won't know anything for a few days.