Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

journey with Jesus

One of the things that I love best about walking with Christ is that the journey just gets better and better.


Each step of the way brings a host of new and fabulous adventures with Jesus. As our journey progresses, our steps become more determined and more purposed. Our steps take on a new urgency.

Our passion for Him burns hotter and brighter.

The further we venture from our beginnings and as we mature in Him, the closer we draw into that awesome intimacy with Christ. We ascend to a higher place with God.

We learn to tap into His mighty power through prayer and study.

As we dig deep into His Word, we begin to develop a fuller, more comprehensive knowledge of God and His sovereignty. We come to know Him like never before. Our worship of Him just whets our appetite for more.

We fill ourselves up in the abundance of His sweet outpouring.

Bask in the comfort of His loving embrace.

Find our place in the blessed assurance of His love and care.

And then,

We begin to experience the much more of God. The much more of His Spirit. The much more of His mercy. The much more of His grace.

Our soul starts to long for His presence. We yearn for the manifestation of that presence in our lives.

For His awesome glory to fall on us.

For a mind-blowing, life-altering encounter with Jesus.

Our spirits are filled with great expectancy of the abounding and abundant life that He promises in His Word.

We become lovers of God.

Seekers of Him.

Hungering and thirsting for the deep things.

Devouring His word.

Feasting on the bread of life.

Dining with Jesus.

Journeying with the Savior and savoring each step as He walks with us on the way.

In His mighty grip,
Beth

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank you for all your encouragement and prayers,
andrea

Tammy said...

I always leave here wanting more of Him.

love and hugs~Tammy

Heart2Heart said...

Beth,

I only hope that this type of hunger never ends!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Greg C said...

I feel the same as Tammy. When I come here I feel so uplifted and want more. Keep it up Beth.

Kathleen said...

It's a powerful process, isn't it?

I used to pray He'd give me the desires of my heart. Then I began to pray He'd reveal to me what were the desire of HIS HEART for me. Then I began to pray/thank Him for perfecting all that concerned me.

In the end, He has changed my desires entirely. What He wanted is what I wanted all along I just didn't know it until it began to make sense. More of Him; less of me.

Blessings,
Kathleen

Jackie said...

Oh yes.....hungry for more of Him!!

Love and Sweet Blessings!
Jackie

Michele Williams said...

Thank you for blessing me!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

My hunger is real and my thirst all the more. How I need a fresh revelation of God's witness in my heart and life this week. I'm having trouble just getting through this day.

peace~elaine

Karen Hossink said...

Ah, to experience the "much more" of God. Yes!
I think it's amazing that for as long as we know Him, there will still be much more for Him to reveal. Much more love for us to grow in. Much more grace to *try* to understand.
Knowing God will never get "old."
*peaceful sigh*