Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

He is good all the time

'For I', says the LORD, 'will be a wall of fire
all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst.'
(Zechariah 2:5)
++++++++++

How do you experience such an outpouring of the Holy Spirit over a 4 day period and then come spiraling down and crashing with a mighty thump.

How can joy turn to sorrow in a mere flash of time?

Distressed in spirit
disenheartened
disenchanted

Sad
lonely...
down...

Old fears become new.
Past hurts rise to the surface.
Long ago torments take on new flesh.

Burdened beyond belief.
empty

Crying out to my Lord.
Begging for relief.
Reaching up in desperation.

Cascading down my face, are tears
that seem to flow from an
unending source.

Tears of frustration
despair
sorrow

Tears of anxiety
uncertainty

Necessary tears
Hot, scalding
Healing

Trying to hold them back
is futile.

The levy keeping them at bay
 is weak and breaks

As I call upon God, I know He is near.
I recall scripture.
I cling to the promise of His Word.

I embrace the truth of who He is.
The truth of what He can do.

I know He hears my cry and I worship.

As the water recedes and the tears
begin to subside -
the feeling of restoration washes over me.

Renewing my heart.
Cleansing my mind.
Refreshing my spirit.

Fragrant worship ensues.
The sweet aroma of peace
descends and rests upon me.

His presence wraps tightly around me.

My spirit is strengthened
uplifted
empty of sadness

Ready to be filled with joy
and the furious longing
of my God and my Savior.

I am desperate only for Him.
Expecting an outpouring.

My sorrow has turned to dancing.

He is mighty and faithful.
He is good.
He hears.
He answers.
He loves.

Beth

12 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

I was getting worried about you as I was reading this, Beth.
But He IS good all the time. And I am glad He brought you to a place of worship and trust.
The other day, as I was facing a not-good situation, I remembered, God is just as good in this moment as He was yesterday when everything around me seemed just fine.
I am so glad HE never changes!

Nana Jul said...

When this happens I think about Elijah (1 Kings 19). Right after he did some AMAZING Miraculous things in the Spirit of the Lord he ran to a desert (alone), and told the Lord "I have had enough"
I think if Elijah can have a day like that, certainly the Lord understands when we do. Go read it, it gets even better :) It will lighten your mood. Love ya girl!
Julie

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Oh the ups and downs in this life! It just reminds us again that HE is the only true constant!

Just as sure as we have a mountain top, there is that doggone valley waiting just ahead... but NOT without hope, never without hope!

So on we go, and He is right there with us!

Hugs Beth...

Sonja

Greg C said...

I too was worried when I first started reading this. I am so glad that the Lord uplifted you and held you in His hands. When I get like this, I get away from everyone and open the door for God to speak to me. In my quiet time I can hear Him speak and I know He is there. Keep the faith alive. He is always there.

Beth E. said...

This is beautiful, Beth! God has given you an amazing gift.

Praying that as you journey through the valleys and the mountains that you will feel God right there with you.

Love you...

mariel said...

what a truth...He does hear!

LisaShaw said...

My dear sister, I prayed for you as I read and I rejoice in knowing you receive the restoring and refreshing that you needed in Him. He loves you as you know and His Hand is upon your life. As you give each care and tear over to Him, He comforts and strengthens and restores.

I love you.

Kathleen said...

Every so often I catch a glimpse of the paternal heart of God and I'm just undone. He listens so intently to us, His own. I can almost see His warm eyes, His tender smile.

How grateful I am that He hears, and that He blesses His daughters will lovely poetry to remind us of that fact.

Blessings,
Kathleen

Unknown said...

Very powerful poem! Me and my sis are always aware of the "mighty thump" after we spend a few days doing God's work. It is nice to finally have a name for it!

TRUTH SHARER said...

When we GET this concept of God - as He really is [GOOD]- THEN we will trust Him beyond measure!

Beautiful post!

{{HUG}} Stephanie

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

Beth,

First off thank you for being real! I could relate so much to your poem! I very much can relate to what you wrote! Let us both take comfort in his perfect love for us! I love you my sister!

Ella said...

Beth ~~
I have been there so many times...God is faithful... Everything I need I find At His feet.......
Hugs, Ella