Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

tears, praise, worship... His presence

I made my way to the place where I was meeting with 40 other Christian women to finalize preparations for an encounter weekend.


As I walked into the church, I immediately felt His presence. His awesome and mighty presence. It was so thick it was almost overwhelming. Holy ground.

From that very moment, I could feel the fingers of God reach out and touch me. There was such electricity surging through me. I could sense Him. I could feel Him.

As we made our way to the sanctuary for devotion and communion, I could already feel the beginnings of tears forming beneath the surface of my eyes. Soon, they were brimming with liquid joy and threatening to spill over.

Tears of thankfulness.
Tears of tenderness.
Tears of His presence.

He was there.
Pressing down upon me.
His spirit abounding.

I was ever so aware of Him. I closed my eyes and worshiped.

As I partook of the representation of His body and His blood, I couldn’t hold the tears back any longer. They flooded down my face in a torrent of spiritual cleansing. A river of grace and mercy flowed uncontrollably. A river of release. A river of praise.

As I knelt at the altar, the sound of women sobbing filled the room with humble expectancy. There was an awareness of God and His glory. His Majesty.

The presence of God in the room was palpable. It was astounding. It was so powerful and so alive that I could almost see it!

Oh, He was there. He was present and He was bestowing me with a fresh glimpse of His glory that day. I was encountering Jesus with a fresh anointing. Feeling myself in the grip of His hands. The finger marks of God left behind on me.

It was consuming me. Like fire had fallen from heaven. Engulfing me with the sheer splendor of His manifest presence. Holy ground.

I began to imagine what heaven would be like. I couldn’t even comprehend the magnitude of powerful worship that will take place. To be at His feet. In His presence. Face-to-face with Jesus. Walking with Him. On Holy ground. For all eternity.

Thank you, Lord, for your presence in my life. May I always glory in You and give You praise and honor for all that You are. You are my life and my breath. You are the reason I live. I love You with all of my heart.

In His grip,

Beth

14 comments:

Nana Jul said...

Beth,
You have such a gift. When you write, it's as though I am in the presence of the Lord with you. I can feel His presence when I read your words! You just walked through and experienced Psalms 3:3
But you are a shield around me O LORD, you bestow glory on me and lift up my head!
Only God!!
Thank you for allowing us to walk through the Psalms with you!
Love,
Julie

Steph T. said...

WOW Beth! You brought me to tears on that! I felt like I as in that room with you and Jesus! You have such a gift of bringing people to the Lord thru your words! Every time I read your blog I always feel so blessed. Oh to see Heaven one day...can't wait!!
Steph

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Gives me chills!!! He is so good!!! Have a blessed weekend!
Wylie

mholgate said...

This is so good, Beth! I often get that same feeling when I enter into His Sanctuary for worship.

Thanks for sharing with us. And thank you for praying with me. To be a little more specific, I found out today that it is colon cancer. I still want to respect my family member's wishes to be anonymous, but that will give you something exact to pray about.

Again, thanks,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

What a blessing , what a peace and strength!

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

Beth,

How wonderful! See you on the other side!

Yolanda said...

Beth,

When God gives us those glimpses of Him and His holy ground, it is so all consuming that I can't even imagine. I love you and I love JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm thankful that He met you there in that retreat with 40 other women.

TRUTH SHARER said...

AT HIS FEET - just like your prayer blog says! I could feel His Presence in your description alone! Wow! What a special JOY He gave all of you there! And He gave you the gift to tell about it!

Celebrating His Presence with you!

Choosing JOY,
Stephanie

LisaShaw said...

You bless my heart dear friend! There is nothing like the PRESENCE OF THE LORD!! Tears, praise and worship indeed. A heart that overflows with gratitude toward Him.

Thank you for sharing the LORD with us today for truly it is a blessing and privilege to be in His presence.

Love you dear friend.

Ella said...

Everything pales to the Glory of God. The sweetness of His presence. The Beauty of His Holiness!
Blessings, Ella

Amy said...

Isn't it amazing when we can feel his presence so powerful in one place. I am so glad I stopped by to read this beautiful post today.

Amy said...

Beth,
You have absolutely made my day by your comment on my post at Exemplify. You sure can!!! Here is the parent age criteria from Ethiopia. (Each country is different)
All applicants must be between the ages of 23 to 55 years.
Applicants 23 to 49 years can adopt a child 3 years and younger.
Applicants 50 to 55 years can adopt a child 4 years or older.

I know without a doubt that a child would be blessed beyond imagination to be a part of your beautiful family. Not to mention the beautiful blessings you would experience for fulfilling God's call to help the widows. Email me if you have any questions.
Blessings,
Amy

Anonymous said...

"In His Grip"

Amen to that! :)

There is NOTHING like being in His presence. Savor it!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Very thankful for your fresh anointing...

Would you pray for the same to happen with 150 women of Washington, NC, on Friday? I'll be speaking over the noon hour and would welcome your petitions to the Father on their behalves?

peace~elaine