Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

I love Thankful thursday!

Thanks, Greg, for allowing us the privilege of offering thanks on this "Thankful Thursday" to our precious Lord and Savior!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
I am thankful for 'weeball'. Yes, you read that right. Weeball is like t-ball for 3 and 4 year olds. It has been such great entertainment to watch these little fellas get out there and play and have such a fabulous time doing it. They fight over the ball, they play in the dirt, they chat with each other in the field and they run for the ball even when they are they ones supposed to be running bases! It is hysterical and heart-warming at the same time. I am thankful that I get to watch my adorable little grandson, Eli, have the time of his life out on the ballfield.... or just laying on the ground...


I am thankful that Mikaela plays softball. It has been such a joy to watch her  become a great hitter and to really love the game. I was always one of those parents that wanted the kids to just have a good time and not "one of those parents" who got all uptight about the game. I didn't understand people gettin' all excited about "just a game"! I wanted my girls to just have fun and not be stressed about winning. I mean, some parents just get downright ugly out there and I want to say "They're just 7 and 8 years old! Give 'em a break!" But last week, in the heat of the moment, as our team was behind and they had a girl on her way from third to home, I looked up and saw one of our players headed to home plate with the ball  and just for a second, I forgot who I was and what I was saying. I heard myself say, "Get her out!" I realized that I had become "one of those grandparents".....


I am thankful that when we do go to the ballpark to watch Eli and Mikaela play ball, there is food! Oh, yeah. Nothing satisfies your hunger like a corn dog and fries from the concession stand. And nothing keeps Mercie occupied better than a little junk food.

I am thankful for these sweet boys. They don't play ball yet, but they are at most games with their mother cheering their older cousins on. There is just nothing like family.
 
"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!" (2 Corinthians 9:15)


12 comments:

Loren said...

Oh what precious memories those days are! Softball, tball, baseball! There is just something special about spending a day at a baseball/softball field as a family! The ones without the wind and blankets are my favorite ;)

What precious young uns you have! They are just darlin! but then again....so are you!

Andrea said...

I am thankful for the beautiful memories this post brought back. I miss those days....my little ones playing ball...learning which direction to run, etc. Such innocent times!
Blessings,
andrea

PS: Sitka has an award for you at All Gods Creatures.

Nancy said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Hope they have wee ball around here so my new grandson can play in a year or so.

Patrice and Higgins said...

Beautiful grandbabies!! You are so blessed!

Angel said...

Oh how fun!! I remember those days with my older kids, still love the basketball games with my two youngest and really looking forward to it with my grandkids!!! You know I only have one, but we are really praying for another one soon! Yours are all so precious!! So glad you get to enjoy them so often!! Love you

Anonymous said...

So many beautiful little ones and the fun, the joy, the laughter they bring to you. Praising God with you!
~ linda

Heart2Heart said...

Beth,

Nothing beats these games like food. Yum that is my favorite thing about baseball and any sporting event for that matter. Nothing seems to taste as good. Love all the pictures. Truly priceless.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Kathleen said...

It is such a joy to witness someone having a "gratitude attack". Beautiful!

Kathleen

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I love Thankful Thursday, too. Thanks for sharing.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

So, so precious...I have such wonderful memories of my older ones playing at these ages. We will also have our four year old probably play this fall...we have enjoyed sports. I look so forward to be a grandmother and doing it all over again someday also.
Enjoyed.........Janette

sanjeet said...

What precious young uns you have! They are just darlin! but then again....so are you!
indian classified site

kanishk said...

what precious memories those days are!
indian classified site