Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

withholding nothing...

"If you enter God's presence withholding nothing, there is nothing
He won't do to make you whole"
(Mary Alessi)

Our willingness to be intimate and open with God, allows Him to minister to us and to heal our most personal wounds. The deep and sometimes painful wounds of our hearts.

Lately, I have really begun to see so many wounds in my heart and in my soul. Wounds that penetrate deeply. Wounds that I have allowed to remain hidden and untouched. Small hurts that over time have festered and become bigger. Some of them big gaping wounds and some of them less significant paper cuts.

I am not really sure why I have not allowed myself to face these hurts. I feel like I could have changed alot of my inerrant behavior if I had only allowed these deep seeded feelings to surface.

Perhaps I thought if I ignored them they would go away. Perhaps I thought that the wounds might only go deeper. Or maybe I had just grown comfortable with them and was unsure of life without them. Sadly, they offered me a sense of security and I was unwilling to risk letting them go.

I have a longing in my spirit to let these old hurts rise to the top so I can give God permission to come in and heal. Heal and restore.

I am at a crossroads in my spiritual growth and I know that if I am going to move forward, it is time to deal with these obstacles. Even if it is painful. Even if it is hard.

My heart is crying out for more. More intimacy with my Jesus. More knowledge of Him and more power through Him.

I am ready to be all that He intends for me to be. I know that I can only do that when I get completely honest with God.  I want Him to take my hand in His and walk with me on the next step of our journey. I want Him to lovingly guide me in His perfect plan for my life.

So I stand before Him with my arms and heart wide open. Seeking complete intimacy with my Savior. Relinquishing it all to Him and falling face down in worship. Ready to give my all to Him and receive His all for me.

Withholding nothing in His presence. And truly allowing Him to anoint my head with the soothing balm that flows from His healing Hand. Covering me. Healing me. Restoring me to wholeness.

"So that they should seek the LORD, in the hope that
they might grope for Him and find Him, though He
is not far from each one of us"
Acts 17:27 (NKJV)


15 comments:

Nana Jul said...

I find it amazing how backward we become when we walk along life's road and hold onto our wounds. Like you said, we become comfortable with them. When we begin to let the LORD have them, it's important to not let go of Who He says we are...we tend to focus on what we need to let go of - and there's much, so it can pull us down. When the Lord bubbles something up...He will also skim it off the top, and he'll allow little tests so we get better at letting go. Life is a practice field, and we will make it through the letting go process because HE holds us! He is the mountain mover, chain breaker, Deliverer and you are the apple of his eye!
Love you Beth,
Julie

NanaNor's said...

Dear One, He who knows your heart smiles down in love on you today. This post is so touching and I echo your desire; what is mind boggling though is that He wants that intimacy with us more than we do.
Thank you for sharing; so glad you made it through the bike ride safely.
Hugs, Noreen

Barbara said...

great message, yes i fall on my face and he shows me how very small and frail I am, God bless you, Barbara

Dawning Inspiration said...

Praying for your wounds to be healed...

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Blessings to you! Honest & awesome post!
Wylie

Yolanda said...

Lord, here i am, and I desire to withhold nothing, but I find that often times I do. Help me Father, and help my precious friend and heart-sister, Miss Beth.

Love YOU!

BECKY said...

I recently let go of some stuff myself...and it feels great! He is big enough for all of it, and doesn't want anything between us and Him.

Always blessed by what you share, Beth!
HUGS,
Becky

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

"Our willingness to be intimate and open with God, allows Him to minister to us and to heal our most personal wounds."
This is so true. I tend to hold back but everytime I give Him my ALL, everything -- and I mean everything -- is so much better.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Yes and amen! But He is so gracious to wait on us and then His Holy Spirit comes gentle and does the healing. I am there in so many ways myself.
I love that He is never finished with us, that as my children see me continue to seek Him and His fullness it gives them the example that we are all a work in process...them and me also...
Blessings in this journey

Deb said...

"I want Him to take my hand in His and walk with me on the next step of our journey."

Me too.

Congratulations on that new grandbaby!

So glad that you survived your ride on the Harley. And your hair looked just fine.

Will be praying for Melissa.

Sweet dreams.

Beth E. said...

You are using much better wisdom than I when it comes to dealing with old wounds and festering hurts. Mine boiled over yesterday...I am not proud to admit that. I cannot remember when I've been angrier, and I allowed my emotions to take over. It took it's toll physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Suffice it to say that I blew any chances of winning a "Mom of the Year" award. :/

Great post, friend.

Beth in NC said...

Oh Beth, you are writing how I feel right now. I can totally relate.

I pray you will move forward in victory and that great healing will manifest in even the smallest wounds.

Love & hugs,
Beth

Karen Hossink said...

I am memorizing Psalm 139 this year - am on verse 13 right now: For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb. And as I meditate on these words I am impressed with God's intimate knowledge of who we are.
Think of it! When you were in your mother's womb His eyes were fixed upon you as He formed you bit by bit. And He hasn't taken His eyes off of you. He sees your wounds, know why they're there, and knows how to heal them.
Father in heaven - Who knows us more truly than we know ourselves - I pray today that You will convince Beth of Your ability to handle her wounds, of Your perfect love which can heal them. She knows You. She loves You. Please speak tenderly to her heart and help her to let You take it all - that she may withhold nothing.
I'm asking it in the wonderful, powerful, beautiful, matchless Name of JESUS. Amen and amen!

TRUTH SHARER said...

HIS PRESENSE IS EVERYTHING!

When we are there - there is not a need left undone. He takes care of them all!

I have been UNDONE [Isaiah 6] by Him in recent days - standing in His Presence. And even though it might kill me - I still want more of Him!

Back to the Throne,
Stephanie

DJ at The Quiet Quill said...

"Withholding nothing in His presence. And truly allowing Him to anoint my head with the soothing balm that flows from His healing Hand. Covering me. Healing me. Restoring me to wholeness."

Oh that we might all pray this same prayer with the same fervency. This too is my heart's cry. I appreciate your heart and your candor.