I love Thankful Thursday and as always I thank Sonya in her diligence to help us remember to be thankful!
1. I am so thankful for my husband. Not only is he a willing servant of God, he is such a great Pastor. He is always there for people. No matter the time of day or time of the week, he is ready and willing to minister to anyone in need. Even though he is going to do his 8th funeral in 2 months time, he doesn’t let it get him down. He functions on strength that only comes from God.
“And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Cor. 12:9)
2. I am thankful for my daughter Megan. She is such a wonderful, Godly wife to Rod and is raising her 3 children in the ways of our Lord. (Even though they are in Indiana right now working, I am thankful for cell phones so we can talk and text during the day!) Thank you Lord for my sweet Megan.
3. I am thankful for my daughter Melissa. She has been such a blessing to me. She has a heart for missions. She is going to spend her spring break in Bolivia doing mission work. She is also going to Africa this fall for several months to work at a medical mission. After Med school, she plans to be a doctor and return to Africa to help those in need. Thank you Lord for my sweet Melissa.
4. I am thankful for my baby girl Ashlie. She has been such a good Christian wife and mother. She is growing in the Lord and it blesses my heart when I see her little boy “read” his bible on his own. He is learning by example. Little fella #2 will be here in less than 3 weeks!! Thank you Lord for my precious Ashlie.
5. I am thankful for grandbabies. Oh, my they are just the joy of my heart! How can anything get any better than that? Children are fabulous, but grandchildren are like the BEST! They are the blessing of all blessings. Thank you Lord for your protection upon them. Thank you Lord, for my grandbabies.