Thursday, July 16, 2009
I am thankful to SONYA for taking the time to let us join her in lifting our thanks up to our precious Lord.
1. I am thankful that God is still on the throne. Even though our friend J.D. got a devastating diagnosis yesterday, our God is still in control. Our God is still the one who gives life. Our God is still the one who makes the final decision. Our God is still God.
"Your throne, O God, is forever and ever." (Hebrews 1:8)
2. I am thankful that God is a God of protection. On our way home from Colorado last week, the flat-bed of an 18-wheeler jack-knifed into our lane right in front of us and we should have hit the back of the truck going 65 mph. With no time to react, God took the wheel and enabled my husband to get in the grassy median with no obstacles and go around the line of traffic. Praise you Lord, for your hand of protection upon us.
"...He does great things which we cannot comprehend." (Job 37:5b)
3. I am thankful that God is a God of Salvation and that His Spirit draws us to Him. My precious granddaughter, Mikaela, experienced this June 22nd and asked the Lord to come into her heart and save her. She continues to show this fruit in her life, as the Holy Spirit is working in her little life daily. Thank you Lord for your free and marvelous gift of Salvation.
"But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 19:14)
4. I am thankful that God is a God of Truth. I praise God that I have a husband who is not afraid to speak the Truth from the pulpit. Too many times we want to hear a watered down theology when we need to hear the full strength gospel of Christ. Thank you, Lord, for a husband who seeks You, hears You and delivers a message from You.
"And you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:32)
5. I am thankful that God can do the impossible. We put limits on God when the truth is He knows no limits. God can do anything, anytime, anywhere, anyhow. I praise His name, that He is a God of unlimitless resources.
"Jesus, said, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26)
Thank you Lord for being all things. Thank you Lord for your goodness and your mercy and your grace and your forgiveness. I need these daily and I praise you for extending these to me time and time again. You are my breath and my life and I love you.
In the Grip of Grace,
Posted by Beth Herring at 7:02 AM