Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Give me some JOY!

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing" (Zephaniah 3:17)

I read this verse this morning and after it just blew me away it filled my heart with such joy! To think that God takes delight in me just filled me such wonder.

I looked up the word 'delight' and here are the 2 definitions I found:

1. give joy to somebody
2. derive joy from something

That means as God delights in me he should derive joy from me at the same time that He is giving joy to me. Wow. It started the wheels in my head turning and I began to ponder the thought. Do I give God joy? Can He actually derive some joy from me? Oh, man. I wasn't sure for a minute there if I was actually capable of this. Then I began to discern some things in my spirit. When I pray and commune with Him, there is joy. When I hunger after Him, there is joy. When I dig into the scripture with zeal and feast on His Glorious Word, there is joy. When I sing praises to His Name and I worship, there is joy. Oh, yeah.. I can bring Him joy.

He IS my joy. He is my delight. All the things that I do to give Him joy, are the same things that give me joy. How awesome is God? Only God could ordain such a wonderful concept. Only God can give us the kind of joy that in turn causes Him to receive the kind of joy that quiets us with His love and causes Him to rejoice over us with singing.

If you will excuse me now, I am about to go and spend some time delighting in the Word. Giving and receiving some joy.

Delighting in Him,

Beth

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Simple, yet profound! To know that God delights in us and all that means to both Him and us - whew! I think I need some time to sit and savor this!