Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Way in the Manger

For the 1st time in 25 years my tree did NOT get put up and decorated Thanksgiving weekend as tradition dictates. I am not really sure what caused this lapse in my usually structured life, but I do know it has slightly reeked some havoc on the OCD tendencies inside of me. Since I missed that "window of opportunity" I now await the arrival of my middle daughter who is still in the midst of finals in Baton Rouge. I've gotten past the initial feeling of despair that came when I realized the magnitude of my error and now am focusing on the prevention of my hyperventilating as I try not to dwell on the fact that I have to move my love seat to another location to accomodate the tree. But that's another story...

As I think about Christmas and the birth of Jesus, I think about Mary. She was highly favored by God. She alone carried the Christ Child. She gave birth to the Savior of the world. I sometimes overlook the fact that Jesus was Mary's precious little baby! He was her pride and joy. That tiny newborn babe that she delivered brought hope to us all. With HIS birth was the birth of eternal life. He was Heaven's perfect lamb. I think about Mary kissing his glorious little face and that she was kissing the face of God. The Holy presence of God was in that tiny little manger in the form of a baby. Jesus.

Praise you Jesus for making a way in that manger for me. You are my deliverer, my God, my King. May I never put my focus anywhere else but on You.






"And she brought forth her firstborn Son and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger" - Luke 2:7

In His Reedeming Love,

Beth

2 comments:

Christy said...

Just noticed that you were following my blog... thanks! I just wanted to come and say hello. I enjoyed reading your post today. I too, thank Him and praise Him for being my Deliverer and King.

May you be blessed this Christmas!

Kristen said...

Beth...

Your tender heart touches mine. Don't you feel bad about not having that tree up yet! I do believe God has a better tree trimming day in store for you when you daughter gets home from school! That's when He wants you to trim the tree!

I have been thinking about Mary a lot these last few days as well... I love how you said that "He was her pride and joy" Oh how we are His pride and joy as well!