Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's beginning to Rain

"And he prayed again and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit" (James 5:18)

Tonight there is a gentle rain falling outside. I can hear the soft tapping on the roof and it brings me peace. I can see it gracefully making little splashes on the patio and it makes me smile. I open the door and the fresh fragrance of an evening rain assails my senses and I feel joy.

A healing rain is falling and I am ready to let it wash all over me! I am ready to let that healing rain produce some much desired fruit in my life. As the heavens open the windows and the rain makes it way to the earth, the spirit of the Lord invades each raindrop. Each drop of water is full of refreshing, restoring and healing moisture. The rain does a little dance as it falls and I imagine it is a praise dance for the Creator. He is so worthy!

I head to the church for our prayer time and as we shared the Word and shared His Word for the church we felt like we were to make a prayer walk around the outside of the church. In the rain. In the dark.

God was calling. We were listening. We were obedient. We were blessed.

As the four of us sloshed our way around the church grounds, we sang praises to our God! We marched around and lifted our voices to Him and sang our little hearts out. We prayed for His protection around our church. We prayed for His anointing on our church body. We prayed for His Spirit to descend and envelope the whole building. We prayed for the indwelling of the Spirit to settle in our midst. We prayed for healing. For deliverance. For freedom. For worship. For salvation. For wisdom. We prayed....

What a mighty time in the Lord we had tonight! We felt such peace when we finished. God's presence was surely with us. God's presence will surely fill the temple. God's presence was awesome in that place.

The rain is so cleansing and so refreshing. Rain gives new life to weary flowers. Rain washes away impurities. Rain is God's way of giving nature a drink of heavens sweetness.

My face lifted up. The sweet rain falling. Bringing healing to God's people. Cleansing souls. Restoring hearts. Pure, sweet, fragrant refreshment.

My thirsty soul needs a drink. My dry spirit is desperate for moisture. I cry out to my precious Father for the life giving substance. I cry out for a touch from Him. I cry out for a glimpse of His Goodness.

I look up to the sky. I hear His voice say, "oh, my sweet child"...

It's beginning to rain.

Praise you Jesus for the rain that cleanses and restores my soul. You are mighty and powerful. You are my strength. You are my salvation. You are God.

Beth

17 comments:

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

This is beautiful dear friend! So beautifully written and so true.
Love Collette xxxx

Flowers said...

You have written your blog in a very beautiful manner and I found truth in every word of yours

Lisa said...

The chorus, "It's beginning to rain" is running through my head.

"It's beginning to rain,
Hear the voice of the Father,
Saying whosoever will,
Come Drink of this water.
I promise to pour my Spirit out,
On your sons & your daughters.
If you're thirsty and dry,
Look up to the sky,
It's beginning to rain."

Father, send the rain.

Blessings ~ Lisa

Anonymous said...

I felt it...I felt it here! As I was reading and I read about the prayer walk-outside in the rain-I had spirit chills! God was in that last night...He saw your faithfulness...

Reminds me of this song that my dad's wife sings on occasion:

"We need the rain, Lord; We need the rain. Send down your almighty rain."

Send down the rain...send down your spirit...send down your mercy...send down your healing-We need you Lord. We need you to fill hearts all across the world!

Thena said...

Isn't it aweful to just bask in His prescence.

Loren said...

How beautiful is this post! I feel the anointing and the love across the screen... God is doing something amazing in you and in your church body!
Come with expectation! All of you! Watch and see what the LORD is doing!
I can't wait to hear!

love you and praying for all of you

Anonymous said...

This was simply a beautiful post!

mholgate said...

Wow! What an incredible post. It made me think of the song by Third Day "When the Rain Comes."

I'm glad to hear you've seen the Giglio video. They showed it at worship night last night and it was incredible. I've seen it before, but it speaks to me differently each time I watch it.

Have a great weekend.
-Melissa

valerie said...

We've had rain here for a solid week.
The sun finally peeked out a little today and
hubby was able to mow the very tall grass.

A lady at our church sings "It's Beginning To Rain" and this reminded me of that.

Have a wonderful weekend, Beth!
Love,
Valerie

Nancy said...

That is one of my favorite stories, about the cloud and the rain. How wonderful when a whole group of believers praise God together. I've been praying for your church and your daughter.

Kathleen said...

The analogies for rain are limitless. Thank you for taking us to the best of them!

Kathleen

Every Day Blessings said...

Awesome! This is beautiful!

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

He rejoices over you with singing.

Beautiful soul, you are.

Nana Jul said...

Your writing is Annointed, Spirit filled and gentle, falling like the rain, bringing peace, comfort and healing.
Beautiful!! Thank you for blessing us!

Yolanda said...

I pray that it will fall afresh on you.

Deb said...

It's raining at my house too.

And I need some cleansing rain.

Sweet dreams.

Unknown said...

Ahh...

Beautiful...