Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

The Wonder of God


Bryton and Sawyer (Ashlie's youngin's)

Mikaela, Eli and Mercie (Megan's youngin's)

As I sat thinking about my precious, adorable, fabulous grandbabies, I was filled with such joy at the wonders of God and started thinking of all the awesome wonders that He declares to us each day.

"Oh, give thanks to the God of gods! For His mercy endures forever. Oh, give thanks to the Lord of lords! For His mercy endures forever; To Him who alone does great wonders, For His mercy endures forever." (Psalm 136:2-4)

I see the wonder in His mercy. I see the wonder in His faithfulness.

Without His mercy, I would be lost with no hope. Because of His faithfulness, I can stand on His promises and that is an awesome wonder!

We are under the shadow of His wings.

We drink from the river of His pleasures. We feed on His faithfulness.

He is our fountain of life that is overflowing with springs of eternal water!

He is our light in the present darkness.

He is our abundant peace. He is the God of our strength.

He is our deliverer and our hope. He is our rock and our redeemer.

He hears our cry! He is the God of Salvation!

My soul thirsts for Him and my heart hungers for His Word.

The waterfall of His love flows over me and I am filled with unspeakable joy!

The wonder of my God saturates me with praise, satiates me with peace, and serenades my souls with a delightful melody.

My spirit partakes in a glorious symphony of heavenly harmony.

I bestow upon My Father:

Adoration
Devotion
Delight

Eternal Joy will be my theme for a concert of praise in His honor.

God, you are more awesome than Your Holy places. You are wonderful, merciful and powerful. Your very breath gives me life.

Rain down Your wonder on me, Lord. Drench me and soak me with the evidences of Your awesome Glory.



Beth

13 comments:

Andrea said...

Praising GOD with you. They are adorable.
Blessings, andrea

Loren said...

How beautiful they are Beth....what gifts they are and what joy they bring to us "nanas/nonis" :). How they fill our hearts with a love so differenct from anything we have ever experienced before....God provides soooo many avenues for us to experience HIM and these precious babies are just a glimpse into that love and joy HE has for us!!

Love you dearly and thank the Lord at times like these when we can have our precious grandbabies walk through the door and fill our hearts with such love, joy and just holding them can touch a place inside and it be like a godly medicine.....HE knows what we need and all that you have described here just flows out of your heart even in your pain and sorrow....What a treasure you are!

Lisa said...

Sweet gifts from the Lord. What a blessing!
Since leaving your job with the insurance company, I've noticed an inner poet emerging from your soul..., and your words (His words) are sweet to the ear.
Blessings ~ Lisa

LisaShaw said...

Absolutely precious!!!

Nancy M. said...

What gorgeous grandbabies! I am sure they are a great joy to you! They are truly a gift from above!

Nancy said...

Your grandchildren are all delightful. I love how you praise the Lord, even though I know you have needs around you. You are a great example for us all.

Heart2Heart said...

These grandbabies of yours truly should be adored and the joy that they bring will bless you all the days of your life.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Laurie said...

Hi Beth,
What beautiful pictures and words! I love your wonder and awe for the Lord! God is so GOOD!
BLessings, Laurie

christy rose said...

The pictures of your grandbabies are gorgeous! Continuing to pray for you and your church family.
Christy

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

Amen!!!!!!!!!!! Beautifully written Beth!!

Unknown said...

Woo-hoo! AMEN! :)

I'm gonna post on my blog again soon...God is SO good!

Deb said...

Beth,

I love this post.

Am very tired tonight.

And can't say all that I want to say.

Can I come back?

Sweet dreams.

Laurencita said...

Amen and amen Beth. Truly our grandchildren is the joy of our lives. Thanks so much for your prayers.