Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Saturday Steps of Faith - Believing God/ Melissa!

Steps of Faith


"And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:9)

His Grace is sufficient .
He strengthens.
He upholds.

His mercy is unending.
He is gracious.
He forgives.

His majesty is matchless.
He is glorious.
He reigns.

When I feel as if the world is closing in -

I look up.

When I feel like I'm at the end of my rope -

I reach out.

When I'm not sure of my next step -

I call to Him.

When I feel like the waters are rising and the deep has closed around me, I turn to the one thing that I know -

PRAYER

When all else escapes me - I have prayer.

When I am void of a clear thought - I have prayer.

When I'm tired or lonely. When I'm overwhelmed or misunderstood - I have prayer.

I commune with Him in prayer and He consumes me.

I commit to Him in prayer and He covers me.

God is faithful.

At my lowest - He is the highest.
At my worst - He is the best.
At my ending - He is the beginning.

His sufficiency reigns omnipotent. His mercies reign immeasureable. He is God. He is worthy of our Praise. Hallelujah! He reigns!!

Thank you Lord for prayer. I am believing that You hear my prayer. I am believing that You hear my cry. Thank you precious Father, that our prayers connect us to You. Thank you that prayer is the beginning of our worship. Thank you that prayer is healing, restoring, cleansing and renewing.

I'm believing God.

++++++++++++++++++++++

I am thankful today that my daughter Melissa is better. She has been in Africa for 2 weeks now and for the past 5 days she has been very ill. The last I heard on Wednesday, they were going to test her for Malaria yesterday if she wasn't better, but I didn't hear from her until late last night. They didn't do the test, because she felt better. (the don't have an abundance of supplies, so they try to save if at all possible.) Not only was she better, but The Lord provided a window unit AC for her little home. Praise You Jesus!! She sounded stronger and will be back working at the hospital today or Monday. Please continue to be in much prayer for her. She has 7 more weeks and I miss her terribly.


Beth

11 comments:

Andrea said...

Praising GOD that Melissa is better. Prayer is powerful! Please visit arise 2 write and pray for my friend.

Blessings, andrea

RCUBEs said...

Sorry to hear that your daughter got sick but thanking God for making her feel better in no time. God bless you and may He comfort you.

Beth E. said...

Praising God with you, for healing Melissa!

Prayer is the answer for every situation! What a beautiful post.

Love,
Beth

Brook said...

I am so glad to hear that Melissa is feeling better! My girlfriend Mary's brother John will be a missionary doctor starting next August. He's doing his fifth year residency somewhere in Africa, but doesn't know exactly where yet.

Unknown said...

God is glorious! Another wonderful post, dear friend and I am yet again moved...thank you for sharing. And thank You, Father God, for helping sweet Melissa feel better and stronger and more able to reach out in Your Name! He is good! :)

Nancy M. said...

I'm so happy to hear that Melissa is doing better! I know she is a great blessing to those she is helping!

Lisa said...

Praising God with you for Melissa veeling better and believing God for her complete healing and protection.

Love you dear friend!
~Lisa

Denise said...

Oh Beth, I am betting your momma's heart is being tugged pretty heavily knowing your baby is so far away and has been sick! I am praising that Melissa is feeling better and I will pray that her full recovery is quick and complete.

Thank you for your continued prayers for my SIL. Time moves slowly at moments like these! :o)

Shalom,
Denise

Yolanda said...

Miss Beth,

I pray and I love your precious Mellissa. She has been kind to both Bill and I. I love how you and Mr. Jimbo have taught her well!

Blessings and much love, Yolanda

Kathleen said...

Such cause for joy, and celebration! I doubt there's anything that buoys a mother's heart more than to see a child on the mend.

Be blessed,
Kathleen

Alleluiabelle said...

My Precious Friend & Sister,

You have blessed me so much tonight in reading this powerful post. You reach out and grab onto my heart every time I come here.

I thank the Lord that your daughter is feeling better so that she is able to carry on her work for Him.

May He give you peace and comfort tonight as you rest warm and securely in his loving arms.

My love & prayers to you sweet friend,

Alleluiabelle