Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

bible study girls


"But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised"
(Proverbs 31:30b)

She watches ever so intently. Observing all that she sees in my actions and my attitude. As she begins to really seek the Lord, even at her young age, I feel an awesome responsibility to be even more accountable to Christ. More accountable for my life to echo a life of a woman after the heart of God.

I see her copying scripture after she asks about my stack of index cards on my desk. I see her keeping her little devotional and pencil in a small basket like her mother does. She told me that they were going to be "bible study girls" like me.

I love how she asks me if I am listening to Beth Moore each time she gets into my car. She has already learned that is most likely what is in my CD player.

She asked me the other day if she could go to the next "Beth Moore thing" with me. Of course, I told her she could. What a tremendous blessing that will be. She then looked up at me and said "Nana, I always want to be a faithful follower of God". Oh, me too sweetie. Indeed, me too.

As I see how God works in the life a 7-year old girl, it fills me with such gratitude for His generous grace. It really makes me so thankful.

Thankful that when he called my name when I was just 9 years old, I answered.

Thankful that when I strayed away, He beckoned me back home.

Thankful that my daughter chose a path of righeousness when she came to a fork in the road. And that she is raising her children to be lovers of God and leading them by example.

I watch as Mikaela is spreading her spiritual wings and desiring the 'much more' in Jesus. Even though at this tender age she really doesn't understand what the 'much more' entails. But she knows that it exists.

I am more determined than ever to be that example of Christ. To continue allowing He that is within me to light her path as she seeks Him.

She brings a smile to my face and joy to my heart when she takes her bible with her wherever she goes. I love to look in the rearview mirror and see her singing praise and worship and really worshiping.

I love it when she spends the night and after she has read her bible, wants me to read to her from my bible when she goes to bed. And she listens intently.

I love it when we go to Monroe and she wants to know if we can go to Lifeway. And when we get there, it amuses me that she leads me straight to the Beth Moore section.  Her excitement when I gave her a small book entitled "A taste of breaking free" just delighted me. She had her very own Beth Moore book and was just so thrilled.

I pray that God will continue to draw her near. I pray that she continues to seek Him more. I pray that I will continue to sow the seeds of faith for all my grandchildren.

I pray that we indeed grow to be 'bible study girls' together. Reading His Word. Communing with Him. Praying without ceasing. And reaping the 'much more' of the abundant life in Christ.

"Her children rise up and call her blessed....."
Proverbs 31:28

17 comments:

Unknown said...

So precious...nothing else to say. :)

Hope to hear great news of that new grandbaby soon...

Sandy said...

Oh my, Beth, this is beautiful!!! Thank you so much for sharing. I agree with you wholeheartedly!

Heart2Heart said...

Beth,

Just a classic example that our actions really do speak volumes to those that are around us to see what we do. LOVING this!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Anonymous said...

Beth, what a wonderful blessing.
Godly mother (Beth) raising godly daughters that will touch the hearts of her grandchildren. How the Lord must be smiling at you, Beth.
Blessings,
Miriam

Beth E. said...

What a legacy you (and your daughters) are leaving for your grandchildren! May they continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

Nana Jul said...

Bible study girls...how awesome is that?! Oh how they watch, and observe, and copy and repeat. O the Joy of hearing her praise and worship with all of her heart. If you think your Nana's heart is smiling, think how BIG Jesus' smile is!! Keep on walking with Him, and studying with Beth Moore, and shining His love through you. I believe you have the ability to affect 1000 generations! That's Huge! That's God!

I just love this! Love ya.
Julie

Angel said...

Oh wow Beth!! This is awesome, you are a true example of what a mom and Nana should be! You are such an inspiration to me.

It is wonderful when you see your kids and grandkids modeling Christlike behavior, to see a hunger in them for all things JesushatEhat a great post, I am blessed to call you my friend.

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Such a precious little girl, and a good reminder of the best of what we want for them.

Hugs!

Sonja

Dawning Inspiration said...

Yahoo!!!! xo

mholgate said...

Yet another Beth Moore quote that came from that prayer in her book rings true to my heart:

"Make me the kind of woman a little girl (insert MY little girls' names here) would follow to dignity and security..."

You inspire me Beth. Your girls are blessed to have you.

-Melissa

Jeanette Levellie said...

Oh, my goodness. No. God's goodness. My eyes fill as I read this. How proud Jesus is that you said "yes" to Him, and that your daughters are raising this generation to fear the Father and follow Him.

Thank you for making my day.

Love
Jen

Karen Hossink said...

This.is.awesome!
I want to be a Nana like you some day. (Not too soon, though. *grin*)
I am going to be speaking at a women's retreat in September and my 14-year-old daughter gets to come, too. I am so excited about that. So glad she gets to come and experience other women experiencing God in that setting.
Maybe some day your grand daughters can go to that Beth Moore thing with you. :)

BECKY said...

What a wonder and a joy, Beth! And what a wondrous God we serve! Yes, the fruit didn't fall far from the tree here, did it? You are building a godly heritage that will carry on for generations if the Lord tarries.
How blessed you are...and how blessed they are to have you for an example and praying fervently in their behalf!

Have a praise filled Sunday sweetie!!
Sharing your joy in the Lord!
HUGS!
Becky
Becky

sanjeet said...

I agree with you wholeheartedly!
PPC Advertising India

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Beth, thank you for your sweet words over at my blog this week.

...I too look forward to YOU sharing your first book contract news with me too.

Blessings friend...xo

Ella said...

Praise the Lord ! How wonderful Beth. What a great and Godly heritage the children have!

prashant said...

Thank you so much for sharing.
Contextual Ad Network India