Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

no detours please

I feel like I am walking on a conveyor belt that is running backwards as I am trying to walk forward. It seems like the more I purpose in my heart to seek Him first and seek Him deeper, the more I run into obstacles trying to throw me off course.

I take 2 steps in the right direction and then 1 step in the wrong one. Progressing very slowy. Making little headway.

My mind seems to be wandering lately and I am having a hard time getting and keeping focused. I don't know why, but I almost have a restlessness in my spirit that I can't explain.

It's like there is so much I desire to acquire in my walk with Him but I am wanting it all now. I am forgetting that it's sometimes a slow process. Slow and painful at times.

I realize that the more intently and purposefully I seek more in my walk with Christ, the more intent the enemy becomes in creating roadblocks.

The road to freedom in Christ is certainly marked with suffering. It is a long and winding road, with many twists and turns. As followers of Jesus Christ we just have to keep our eyes focused on what lies at the end of the road and not on the road itself. When our focus is on Him, we can keep the purpose for our journey in the right perspective.

There will be discomfort. There will be trials and tribulations. Times that He is teaching us things along the way that may slow us down. Times that He is speaking to our hearts and we are not so quick to listen. Times He has to gently prod us back on the right path. The path of righteousness.

We just have to keep our hearts in the seeking mode. Desiring to know Him like never before. Recognizing the restlessness as a sign of not being satsified with where we are on our journey and wanting to get there faster with Him.

I am so anxious to get where I so desire in my relationship with my Savior. But I also don't want to miss anything He has to show me on the way. I will glady encounter the rough roads but am purposing to avoid any detours.

As I continue on my journey, I will search diligently for the right path. Seeking Christ with an unparalleled passion. Stopping along the way only to breathe in the sweet fragrance of His presence as He lovingly shows me the way to the abundant and spirit-filled life in him. A life filled with spiritual blessings. Rich in the glory of His presence. And a life satisfied by my intimate relationship with my Savior.

Seeking like never before,
Beth

5 comments:

mholgate said...

Beth, here's what stood out to me about this wonderful post...

"It's like there is so much I desire to acquire in my walk with Him but I am wanting it all now. I am forgetting that it's sometimes a slow process."

My husband preached this last Sunday on faith. Part of what he spoke about was how growing in faith is a process. It's not an event that happens over night.

I often feel the same restlessness that you spoke of here. My desire is to know Him more intimately as I walk with Him on a daily basis.

I am not content to remain where I am, but to grow deeper in the knowledge of our Lord an Savior, Jesus Christ!

Thank you for your encouragement today,
Melissa

Mari said...

Lovely and very inspiring! Thanks so much.

I can't say that I'm restless now...in fact, I'd appreciate some "boredom" and consistency! But suffering, yes I understand. A very long and winding road. I am trying to keep my eyes focused on Jesus, and not lose hope.

((hugs))

Yolanda said...

Am thankful that He walks that out with me, instead of me by myself. A work in progress as well. Love, Yolanda

Barbara said...

Yes Beth we all have the same problems a struggle with the Spirit and the flesh, most of us have this problem, it was like I said in my post yesterday, about letting the Spirit lead and being obedient to him. The road is narrow and there are few that find it, God said that himself, so we know it will be a constant battle of the wills, hugs my friend, and just keep going, leaning slightly forward, taking one step at a time. It is a great journey and a fun one most of the time. Hugs

Unknown said...

Such beautiful words. I especially love this line, "As followers of Jesus Christ we just have to keep our eyes focused on what lies at the end of the road and not on the road itself." So true!