Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Captivated

(Mercie, Eli and Mikaela with their new 4-day old little brother, Silas )

We've had a busy week. A week that started with the miracle of birth.

It is still just so amazing to me how a little newborn babe emerges from the secure confines of his mother's womb, takes his first breath and begins life anew. No matter that I have witnessed 6 births now, not counting my own 3 girls, it still brings joy to my heart. Tears to my eyes. And renews my faith and belief in our Almighty Creator. I am captivated by my God and His power.

I am captivated by Silas as well. The newest member of our family has already etched a special place in all of our hearts. I watch with awe at the many facial expressions a 5 day old baby can make. I marvel at the sweetness of his countenance as I nestle him close and watch him sleep. What a precious miracle.


I love to watch the look of enraptured love on Mikaela's face as she holds her newest little brother in her arms. She wraps him up with tenderness and just gazes at his sweet face. "Nana, I adore him", she told me last night. She, too, is captivated by the miracle of a newborn baby.

It fills me such joy to see how well my daughter adjusted to having 4 children. She was made to be a mother. She is a born nurturer and doles out her love to each one with such ease.


Silas is so blessed to have 2 big sisters and 1 big brother who are already head-over-heels in love with him. He has a mommy and daddy who consider themselves to be abundantly overflowing with God's mercy and grace. He has 2 aunts who think he is so special.

Due to the awesome internet at the hospital, we were able to connect with Melissa in Bolivia through the wonder of SKYPE and she got to see her amazing little nephew on a video call. She was just so excited and can't wait to get her hands on him.

God has just filled our family to overflowing with His goodness. Jimbo and I are sometimes just overwhelmed at our bountiful blessings. Our children and grandchildren just complete us in ways that we never imagined.

Indeed our cups are overflowing. May I never take for granted the wonder of who He is and the wonder of His power and might.  I want to be ever captivated by the One who is the King of kings and Lord of lords. Through Him, I can tap into the awesome love that I can then so generously dispense to each child and grandchild that He has graced me with. God is so good. His love endures forever. His love is perfect.

"For who is God, except the LORD?
And who is a rock, except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect."

(Psalm 18:31-32)

12 comments:

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

I would have to agree Beth... your cup is full! What absolutely beautiful children, and now Silas. Too cute for words!!

Dawning Inspiration said...

I get goosebumps reading what you write - your joy seeps through the internet. So happy for YOU!

BECKY said...

Oh Beth, There is truly nothing like the miracle of a baby, is there? People say that they wish we could see miracles like the ones in the Bible. Well, these bodies, minds, and souls of ours are incredible miracles...and even how we are instantly bonded to these new little lives, and filled with such love and joy!

How precious it is to read of your joy!! Thank you so much for sharing and Congratulations to you and your daughter!

Love,
Becky

Kathleen said...

I'd say we're definitely on the same page!

What a beautiful little boy. I'm thinking his mommy & daddy are delighted to add him to their girl-clan.

Thank you for sharing him. I love his name!

Blessings,
Kathleen (a grandma to a newborn too)

NanaNor's said...

Blessings to you Beth, Loved seeing little Silas..oh what a cutie he is!!! So glad you were able to be there to witness the birth. Your heart echoes mine about kids & grandkids. You exude love to all who know you! Thank you for sharing this with us....
It seems that the entire family is settling in well with this new little guy-congrat's to all of you.
Hugs, Noreen

Melanie said...

What a beautiful family! Makes me want another little one... Children are truly miracles. I don't know how anyone can go through the experience of pregnancy and birth without true acknowledgement of our Great Creator.

April said...

Hey Beth -
So glad you popped in on my page! Oh I love looking at your precious grandbabies! 6?! You don't look old enough to have grandbabies, much less 6 of them. And may I add they are gorgeous! I just LOVE babies!

I look forward to following your blog!

April

TRUTH SHARER said...

Oh the JOY!! God is amazing! Blessings and favor upon every one!

Choosing GREAT JOY,
Stephanie

Yolanda said...

No words to express the captivating love of our Savior, and how you so easily share that with each of us.

Thinking of you today, with much love.

Nancy M. said...

What a beautiful little blessing! It's so sweet to see children with little babies!

Toia said...

Silas is too precious....I almost didnt believe he was just few days old in that picture. He is such a big baby boy. I thought about psalm 23:5 after I read your post,"....You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over."

Blessings to you and all your little angels!!

Steph T. said...

oh...my...what a sweet sweet baby!!! I love them so fresh from God! Congrats Nana Beth! I love your family. It is so encouraging to me to watch you mother/nana them. BTW...you look way way too young to be a nana!!!