Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

don't let me miss the GLORY!

In second Chronicles, Solomon has finished building the temple and offers up a prayer of dedication. When he finishes praying, FIRE came down from heaven and consumed the burnt offering and sacrifices and the scripture tells us, "the Glory of the LORD filled the temple" (2 Chronicles 7:1-2)

In  chapter 5, they bring in the ark of the covenant and the scripture tells us that the priests couldn't continue ministering because of the cloud, for " the glory of the LORD filled the house of God".

In Exodus 24, as Moses ascends Mt. Sinai, a cloud covers the mountain and "the glory of the LORD rested on the mountain", and the sight of the glory of the LORD was like a 'consuming fire'.

I don't know about you, but the VERY prospect of seeing this kind of manifestation of the glory of God come down and fill the church or other place, excites me! I long to see the Lord's glory, the Shekinah glory, manifest like this! If His glory is going to fall, I DO NOT want to miss it!

Now, we certainly see His glory in our daily routines. In the sun, moon, stars, wind, rain, thunder and lightning. In our children and grandchildren. In the birth of a newborn baby. In all creation.  He shows Himself to us and reveals the wonder of who He is in so many ways.

Yet.... I long for more. I long to feel His presence.... To be where He is. To whole-heartedly worship an almighty and all-powerful God. And for the Lord's glory to fill me and consume me like never before.

For this to happen, we have to enter into worship with Him. We have to be seeking after His glory. We have to be communing with Him in praise, thanksgiving, prayer and bible study.

When we enter into His presence and we focus soley on Him....

He will meet with us and oh, my friends, His glory will fall. We will be consumed by His Spirit.  We will be overwhelmed.. Astounded.. Amazed...

Oh, Praise God! Don't let me miss the glory!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the view from the mountains... there’s a story to be told
In the crashing of the ocean ...there’s a power that no man can ever hold
All the stars in the Heavens ....decorate your handiwork
Like a mighty choir... we come to celebrate your worth

Don’t let me miss the glory... don’t let me miss the praise
All creation is singing...to the honor of your name
Don’t let me miss the wonder...don’t let me miss the grand design
The lightning and the thunder, will open up my eyes
Don’t let me miss the glory

In the cry of a baby.... in the laughter of love
In the dance of the faithful ..you will find the greatness of our God above
In the prayer of the righteous...in the beauty of your grace
In the brand new morning mercy ...all your memory of my sin has been erased

(Lyrics by Gordon Mote)

13 comments:

Dawning Inspiration said...

Don't let me miss the Glory either!! ;o)

petrii said...

Beth,
A theme in my life right now is Praise and Worship to Father. This thought keeps pressing into my heart through differnt avenues, like your beautiful blog.

Oh Father, don't let me miss the Glory!!! You are so AWESOME!! Amen!!

Love you friend ~~ thank you for this post. I needed it this morning.

Yolanda said...

I can't even fathom, honestly, His Shekinah glory....amazing God that we serve. Lord, I don't want to miss Your Glory!

With love,
Yolanda

Barbara said...

Oh yes amen, my earnest prayer is Don't Let Me Miss His Glory...We have been in Revival all week, and the glory of God has run all over me, Praise His holy name. Hugs and a great message here, thanks.
Hugs and blessings Barbara

NanaNor's said...

Hi there dear sister, I cry Amen to your post-and like you don't want to miss His glory. I love to praise and worship Him. So I'll hold hands with you until His glory falls-o.k?!
Hugs today,
Noreen

Ella said...

Praise the Lord. When His Shekinah glory is manifested there is no other place I would rather be.

My husband and I have been in His presence where the glory of God was so heavy, it was like a mist of soft rain that was lit.

We had been praising and worshipping the Lord, magnifying His Name , and His Glory came, just like I described and we became silent in His presence absorbing the Beauty of His Holiness.

We have experienced the presence of the Lord so very very many times, but actually "seeing" a tangible manifestation.

This has only happend to us once and the little taste of God's Shekinah glory has kept us in many stormy trials...

Love, Hugs & Prayers.
Ella

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

My four-year-old asked what day it was and then if there was anything special about this day...meaning a party or older sibling coming to the house. I stopped and said, "this day is special because we are able to breath, able to walk, able to use our hands, able to see..." the list went on. It reminded me of all that God does for me everyday and I forget to acknowledge His precious gift of just living.
Thanks for the post...I don't want to miss His glory either,
Janette

Nana Jul said...

To be in His presence when His Glory falls....it's AMAZING...there are no words...Let your Glory fall on us LORD, I don't want to miss your GLORY!!
Beth..this is the waterfall stuff I was talking about...it gushes forth from your heart! Beautiful, eloquent, calling us to seek Him deeper!
Thank you for letting Him use you to minister to us!
Love you,
Julie

Beth E. said...

I don't want to miss that glory, either....awesome post, Beth!

Love,
Beth E.

Wanda said...

In my reading through the Bible this year, I loved reading about the building of the temple, and the glory of the Lord.

I want His glory to shine in my life, and my actions to bring Him glory.

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Like Moses, we can call out to the LORD: "Show me your glory!"

LisaShaw said...

Amen. Amen. Amen!

Oh LORD, let me NOT miss your GLORY!!!

Worshiping the LORD and never wanting to miss HIM.

Thank you for sharing this dear sister. Praying for you and your family.

sanjeet said...

Love you friend ~~ thank you for this post. I needed it this morning.
PPC Advertising India