Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

oh, what a thankful thursday....


I am just thankful for some many things. We could all probably make a list that never ended. God is so generous with the multitude of blessings that He so lovingly bestows on me and my family daily. I am so glad that Greg so willingly hosts this THANKFUL THURSDAY post each week so we can take the time to give our wonderful Lord the praise that He is so worthy of. Thanks Greg!

~~~~~~~~~

I am so thankful that my newest little grandson is doing so well! Little Silas is just the sweetest little thing ever and I just love to go and get lots of good baby sugar from him.

(oh, my is there anything sweeter?)

I am so thankful that God has blessed me and my husband with such a great church family. We seriously have the best church ever! Our church is so loving and so amazing that it is such a pleasure and privilege to serve here. Oh, thank you precious Lord for allowing us to be at this place of service at this time in our lives.

I am so thankful that I live only 25 miles from both of my married daughters. This enables me to see them and their precious youngin's many times a week. I am so thankful that my girls love me enough to want me to come over often! Thank you Lord for that awesome blessing!


(me and Mercie taking our own picture!)

I am thankful that in one week, Melissa will be home from Bolivia! Yay! She will hopefully be able to spend a few days at home with us before going back to Baton Rouge to start working again. I am so thankful for God's hand upon her during the past 6 weeks and pray that He continues to keep her safe and brings her home in one piece!

I am so thankful for God's love. I read the following in a book called "the Christian Atheist" by Craig Groeschel. It is an amazing book and I highly recommend it. (thanks, Misty!)

"... You are one of God's children. He's crazy about you. There is nothing you can do to make God love you more. And there is nothing you can do to make God love you less. Love is not something God does. It is who God is. And because of who He is, God loves you. Period."

God loves us with an unconditional, all-encompassing love. He is so worthy of all that we have to offer. He loves us with no strings attached. He loves us in spite of our failures. He just straight out loves us. Thank you, Lord for your LOVE.


15 comments:

Unknown said...

I knew you'd love it! :) I read the whole book in just a few sittings in a few days - probably could have done it in a full day!

So thankful for you, my friend. God is so good to have crossed our paths. Prayerfully, one day we will meet in person - on this side of heaven or the other I want to give you a big hug! :) Be blessed...

Loren said...

Oh My Dear Heavens! That Silas is soooooo very PRECIOUS!!! and NO! there isn't anything sweeter than that!!!! :)

Praying for Melissa and all of those travleing! Praising God that you have your girls and grandbabies so near! I tell Jenna ALL.THE.TIME that is my HOPE that she will live near us when the day comes that she has a family!!!

I have heard so much about this book! I have got to look into getting it!

Love you Beth and LOVE your thankful heart! You bless me so

Angel said...

Sure think your Silas is adorable and would absolutely love all the baby sugars!!!

So glad you are close to your kids and see them often, my married daughter lives close to me to, thank the Lord.

How exciting that Melissa is coming home. I will continue to pray for her!!

I haven't read that book yet, but have read most of his books. We met him 6 or 7 years ago at a Pastor's Conference and think he is great. We have also visited his church some. I will have to get that one too!!

Sure love your thankfulness!! You are such an inspiration to me. Love you my friend!!

NanaNor's said...

Hugs to you Beth, Love your grateful heart and I know it pleases the Father. Reading your gratefulness about your married girls living close made me so thankful for mine being so close and having the time to spend with them. Have a wonderful Thankful Thursday.
Noreen

Dawning Inspiration said...

I want to read that book, too. My pastor preached a sermon series on that topic - it was powerful!

Andrea said...

Silas...I love that name!
Blessings,
andrea

Anonymous said...

Look at little Mercie, she is totally in LOVE with you Beth...Oh how sweet and little Silas-too precious.

and Thankyou for reminding me today that God IS LOVE, nothing less!

1 John 4:7-8
7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8He that loveth not knoweth not God; FOR GOD IS LOVE.


(emphasis added by me)

SusanD said...

That new grand-boy is just to precious. I'll have to get my hands on that book. I need to get some reading done. My list is growing. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings, SusanD

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

My boys returned late Tuesday night and made their way "home" yesterday. It's a bit odd for all of us to be here; for them to come home meant coming back to our former house, so we're all adjusting today. I'm still floundering... a lot, but I'm anchored in what I know to be true rather than what I'm feeling at the moment.

I bet your girls don't mind coming home too much... I would love for my parents to be closer. I hope I'll be able to be a grandmother some day and to do it with a measure of grace and dignity that doesn't make me look too much a fool!

Blessed day to you, friend.

peace~elaine

Yolanda said...

I am excited for Melissa to come home as well! :-)

Love,
Yolanda

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Wonderful Thanks and offerings before the Lord. Happy to hear about your daughter's safety also.
Blessings,
Janette

Nana Jul said...

Thankfulness pours out of you like streams of "living waters"! We are His blessed people and need to keep our eyes on that!! Praising the LORD with you for Who He is...Love. He is so WORTHY of all our praise.
Silas is one cute litte baby!!
I'm praying for Melissa and the teams save return!
Love,
Julie

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a sweetie...Is there anything more peaceful than a baby? Loved your pictures. Happy 4th

Beth E. said...

Oh, your grandbabies are absolutely precious! I could smooch on them all day!

I am thankful for YOU, Beth. You are always so uplifting, inspiring, and encouraging. Thank you for allowing God to speak to us through YOU!

Love,
Beth

Steph T. said...

I am sooo glad Melissa is coming home! yeah!!

We are so blessed to serve in His kingdom thru the church also...

My husband is reading that book also. l might have to pick it up now!!
Loveya friend!