Thursday, January 15, 2009
I am Thankful!
I trying my first Thankful Thursday post. Hope I can do it Sonya. I am thankful for so many things, but I will try and keep my list short.
1. I am thankful for God's Word. He gave us 66 books full of treasure!
2. I am thankful for a Godly husband who has put up with me for 24 years. He loves me and takes care of me and he supports me.
3. I am thankful for our 3 precious daughters. Megan and Ashlie are wonderful Godly mothers and wives. Melissa is a beautiful, smart, child of God with a mission minded heart. (in her last semester of college!! Yay!!)
4. I have the most amazing grandchildren. Megan has blessed me with Mikaela, Eli and Mercie. Ashlie has blessed me with Bryton and the little fella on the way! They bring this Nana so much joy. They are pure love.
5. I am thankful for family. I have a wonderful mother who not only loved me (and still does), but who raised me in a Christian environment from the moment of my birth and for that reason I was able to accept Christ when I was 9 years old. I had a precious father who has been with the Lord for 14 1/2 years now. Today would have been his 73rd birthday. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him. I never doubted that he loved me...Happy birthday, Daddy.
6. I am thankful for friends. Friends who are there for you no matter what. They support you, they lift you up, they are on your side.
I could just keep going, but I will save some for next week.
I am going to head on over to the LPM blog and post my scripture memory verse for the 15th.
"If you, O Lord, kept a record of sins, O LORD, who could stand?"