When I sat down here today, I was thinking that I didn't really feel like posting today. It's been a rough week. My daughter, Melissa, goes to LSU in Baton Rouge and on Monday morning, she went to get her back-pack out of her car (her laptop was in it) and someone had jimmied her window and stolen her back-pack. Bye-bye laptop.
Then last night when I was at church, I get a phone call from her and she had been in a wreck (her 2nd in a year). She was the last car in a 4 or 5 car pile-up and it appears her car is totaled. Both airbags deployed and her windshield is shattered and her entire front end/radiator is history. Being the insurance claims specialist I am, the first thing I could think of was how it would all play out....
I didn't sleep last night and wasn't in a good mood when I got up this morning. But after I did my bible study I realized I do have much to be thankful for. I am joining Sonya again.
1. I am thankful that I had the laptop insured, so yesterday she was able to replace it and get busy on her paper that is due tomorrow!
2. I am so thankful that Melissa wasn't really hurt last night. She is a little sore from the airbags, but she is OK. Nobody was hurt in all that mess.
3. I am thankful that I have 4 precious angels that call me Nana. Number 5 will be here in less than 10 weeks. I guess I'll have to change my name to Nana2Five!
4. I am thankful that God is faithful. He knows my weaknesses and when I am weak He is strong.
5. I am thankful for all the women I have come in contact with on this blog. Each and every one inspires me.