Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

It is God who amazes me


I keep 2 scriptures taped to my bathroom mirror. They have been there for over a year now, so I have them memorized, but I still look up there every morning when I dry my hair and read them out loud. The one on top is:

“It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect” Psalm 18:32

I see this every day. Several times every day. I know exactly what it says, but for some reason this morning (perhaps a lack of sleep), when I looked at it I read “It is God who amazes me”. I thought, “wait, that isn’t right!” I had to look at it a second time to make sure what it really said.

But then the wheels started turning in my head and I thought how true that was. God really does amaze me in so many ways.

He amazes me with the amount of mercy and grace He has shown me in my life. Mercy and grace that is so undeserved.

He amazes me with the daily provision in my life. I can look back from the very beginning of my married life and see how God took care of all our needs at times when we were very dependant upon Him. He always supplied our needs.

He amazes me in His faithfulness.

He amazes me with the beauty of his creation. Sunrises. Sunsets. The stars. A rainbow. (“The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork.” Psalm 19:1)

He amazes me with the power of His Word. No matter what is going on in my life, I can open up the Word and find peace and solace. I can find answers to questions. I can find promises. I can find the Truth. (“Sanctify them by Your truth. Your Word is truth.” John 17:17)

He amazes me when He sends me a Word just at the time I need a Word. Amen?

Simply put, God is simply amazing.

If we cry out - He hears.
If we repent - He forgives.
If we confess Him - He enters in.
If we pray - He listens.

I will never look at that scripture card again without thinking about how amazing my God is. I needed this reminder today. I needed to put my focus on something besides myself. I needed to ponder and dwell on my Lord. I needed to remember what I had in essence forgotten.

It is God who amazes me.

Joyfully His,
Beth

9 comments:

TRUTH SHARER said...

Perfect timing on all your Scriptures, Beth, but I was drawn to the Psalm 18:32 since yesterday God's STRENGTH was my word for the day. Then, before I went to bed - He was talking to me about how HE CHOOSES the perfect path for me! I'm planting that verse in my journal today! Thanks! As always...

Looking Upward and Choosing JOY,
Stephanie

Lisa said...

I think I'll put that on the top of my computer moniter as a reminder to stop and be amazed. Thanks Beth for allowing God to use you to inspire me again!
Blessings - Lisa

petrii said...

God is truly amazing to me as well. I cry out, He's right there. He is my rock and my redeemenr.

Have a Blessed day friend,
Dawn

Yolanda said...

AMAZE me, He does this well!

He is faithful, He is my Father.

Lovingly,
Yolanda

~Sandy said...

God is awesome!!! He is so good. Thanks for eminding me how much he cares.

Edie said...

What a great post Beth. He really is Amazing and even that is an understatement.

Your reference to Psalm 18:32 reminded me that He gave me Psalm 18:30 at one time and it always speaks to me when I see it.

"As for God, His way is perfect..."

Robin said...

Wonderful word, Beth! You put it so well and PTL His word is true and amazing! Thank you,

Robin

Miranda Riley said...

Hi Ms. Beth!

Thank you so much! I am just wild about the Lord! Ha! It's funny that you mention my posts being long... yeah.. I can't help it.. I type as quick as I talk..so sometimes they get pretty lengthy!

I LOVE your page! So cute!! Decked out for Him! Thank you for taking the time to read my blogs... I get so inspired sometimes and sometimes soooo excited about something He has done...and I can't help but share. Isn't that like women? We get excited about something and we gotta share... the woman at the well did.. she got excited about the Man who knew everything she had ever done! So she shared! Ha!

Blessings ma'am!!!

Miranda

Anonymous said...

I love this. What a sweet scripture to start your morning. He is AMAZING!! PS ~ After a blog delete, I have a new "home" ~~ www.kimandhercoffee.blogspot.com. Have a great day!!!