HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I can hardly believe that another year has passed and we are starting 2009. I think the older I get the faster time goes by.
I have never really liked "New Year Resolutions", because it seems as if it is just a list of things we SAY we are going to do, but that we know we will never be able to do, but we make a list anyway out of some sort of duty or habit. But there is no time like the present to reflect on the past, re-evaluate the future and set a few goals in the process.
I made a list of things that I will begin doing TODAY!
1. Go face down EVERY day for prayer.
2. Pray more effectively.
3. Study the Word more diligently.
4. Seek a deeper, more intimate relationship with Jesus. Have a REAL 'Jesus year'.
5. Be more loving and compassionate. (my husband is loving this one!)
6. Praise the Lord more.
7. Encourage others more.
8. Be a more Godly wife, mother, Nana and friend.
9. Learn to rely on God fully and realize He doesn't need my help!
10. Learn to relax. ( I just can't seem to sit still very long...)
11. Be more giving of myself.
12. Don't buy anything to hang on the wall unless you KNOW where it will go. (I walk around the house holding things trying to find just the right spot and find I don't have any vacancy)
I know that we don't have to wait for the dawning of a new year to begin doing things that we should be doing anyway, but it is a good starting place. There is no time like the present.
I pray that everyone has a wonderful 2009 and that we allow God to do things in our lives that will glorify Him. May He show up mighty in your midst. May He bless you in ways that only He can. May He be Lord over all. Let's all have a Jesus year!
"Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth.." (Isaiah 43:19)
In the Grip of His Grace,