Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I need a Transformation

I love God's Word. I love nothing more than to sit with a cup of coffee and my bible and just dig into it. I love the Lord so much and one of my goals for this year is to pursue Him with even more passion than last year.

I am so disappointed in myself. There is a particular issue that I deal with from time to time and I really thought I had gotten to the point in my Christian life where I would no longer let it affect me the same way as it always had. I really thought I had beat this thing. I thought that I could control my reaction if I stayed "one step ahead". But once again, some old hurts came up and I didn't handle it well. I have been beating myself up about it for the past 24 hours or so. So, this post is for me....

"How do we transform our minds to the "Mind of Christ?"

Only through the reading and studying and application of God's Word in our lives. We can only become like Him if we actually know Him. Knowing Him only comes through communication with Him. A true relationship with Christ isn't merely seeking a stirring of emotions. It goes much deeper than that. It is engrafting our hearts with the Truth of His Word. It is really hungering for Him and really feasting on His Word. We have to savor the sweetness of the Word and let it settle in our hearts so it can manifest itself in our lives.

Our lives will only be transformed when we conform to the teachings of our Lord. How do we conform our lives?

1. We commune with God - daily in prayer
2.We dig into the scripture - every chance we get
3. We study His Word - not just read it, but disect it
4. We apply His Word to our lives
5. We live His Word

The hardest part is to actually live His Word. We have to live our faith out loud. It is so easy to say what we know we should do, it is harder to actually do it. The only way we can even begin to succeed in this area is to develop that intimate relationship with Jesus. We have to get our hearts in tune with His. We have to desire the transformation. Then we have to take the steps necessary to make it happen.

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God" (Romans 12:2)

"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God" (2 Corinthians 3:5)

Thank you Lord, that through You, I can become like You. I desire for my heart to reflect Your Heart. I want my mind to be transformed. I want your perfect will for my life.

In His Redemptive Grace,
Beth

8 comments:

petrii said...

What a Word for me today Beth. What really struck me was the application part. We must be able to apply God's Word to our lives and we can only do that through Him in our lives . . . daily, moment to moment. He wants that kind of a relationship with His kids. Thanks for the reminder today.

Have a Blessed evening,
Dawn

Lisa said...

Masterfully said Beth! You've laid out so clearly the battle we all face with a five step plan for victory. I praying your with you!
-Lisa

Kim said...

Love this post..... so true. I find myself fighting old things I thought I had beaten when I don't keep myself rooted in Him each day. Happy New Year ~~ Love your new blog look!

Anonymous said...

We all battle old things in our life but I've been the queen of trying to keep up with the present and stay away from the past. You inspire me and know that as your friend I feel ministered to each time i read your writings or hear from you. I'm blessed to call you friend and grateful to God for the kind of mother-in-law and grandmother you are to Rod and our sweet grandbabies. And grateful everyday to have Megan as my sweet daughter-in-law. Day by Day i work to apply Gods word to my life in whatever circumstance. And somedays i feel i need a total transformation but thankfully our Lord is a gracious and merciful God and understands our imperfections and shortcomings and he's always there to help us. I enjoy reading your blogs Beth. They minister to me. I love you, your friend and family, Risa

Carol said...

What a wonderful post this is. Thank you for sharing. This is my first visit to your blog and I hope to see you again soon.
Blessings.
Carol

Yolanda said...

Beth,

Woo hoo Girlfriend! I have this visual as I was reading your post that He and I, He and YOU, in The Dance. He is the one and only PERFECT dance partner, and He MUST have the lead.

Pursuing and LOVING JESUS MORE IN 2009!

Yolanda

PS: Esther tonight Baby!!!

Stonefox said...

Beth, I popped over here to say thanks for signing up to follow my blog, and when I read your post, it really struck me because I have been dealing with something myself. It is something so wicked and dark (and STRONG), that I have felt just completely overwhelmed. I think it is easier for me to deal with external issues than to deal with the darkness in my own heart.

Anyway, I have been going at this with the Lord's help for a couple weeks now and it is starting to break. I am not at a point of victory over my feelings related to it, but I am doing better at clinging to the truth that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, which means that I can indeed be victorious over this monster inside.

Hang in there. Your strategy is based on scripture, and that is what brings the victory. Keep holding to the truth and let Him work His strength in your weakness. (I'm telling myself the same thing!)

Dara said...

I can so relate! I will think I have overcome something - to one day find it back - staring me in the face! God's Word truly is the only weapon that works! So thanks for reminding me I have to spend more time with it, in it, and doing it!