Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Chosen by Him

"You did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16)

"There is such awesome power and amazing wonder packed in those words. The very concept of what that actually means is almost overwhelming and enough to just take my breath away!

We - you and I - were CHOSEN by God. We were hand-picked by Him to be His children forever and ever. Never rejected. Never abandoned. Never forsaken. But CHOSEN...

The definition of choose is 1. to pick 2. to single out

He chose us and called us specifically to fulfill His purpose in our lives. He has a plan to accomplish in our lives and we were singled out for that very purpose. Just think about that for a minute.

Hand selected by our precious Lord. He reached down and called us by name. The very thought of that deepens my affection and love for Him by leaps and bounds!

God loves us so much. He has a passion for those who call Him Father. Does our heart fully reflect that same passion for Him? Are we as fully commited to Him as He is to us? Are we loyal to our Savior?

The unconditional, unparalled love that Christ shows us should give us such joy that we want to shout it from the roof tops! We can never experience this magnitude of love anywhere else or from anyone else. Only God can love us like that.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)

"... because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the spirit and belief in the truth, to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ." (2 Thessalonians 2:13-14)

Oh, precious Lord, I am so thankful that you chose me and I accepted your gift of salvation when I was just a 9 year old little girl. I want to walk worthy of my calling. I want to have a passion for You and Your Word that just overwhelms me. Fill me with joy and love and hope and peace. Thank you for the way that You love me.

Beth

11 comments:

TRUTH SHARER said...

Beth:

This reminds me of Hagar when the Lord came to her after she ran away from Sarai & Abram for being mistreated by them.

Genesis 16
6 "Your servant is in your hands," Abram said. "Do with her whatever you think best." Then Sarai mistreated Hagar; so she fled from her.

7 The angel of the LORD found Hagar near a spring in the desert; it was the spring that is beside the road to Shur. 8 And He said, "Hagar, servant of Sarai, where have you come from, and where are you going?"

***********************
God called her by NAME. After she had been referred to only as 'maidservant' or 'servant girl' by Sarai and Abram.

Hagar is the only one in Scripture to give God a Name, EL ROI - meaning: the God who sees me.
Hagar responded to the God who chose to call her by name:

Genesis 16
13 She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: "You are the God who sees me," for she said, "I have now seen the One who sees me." 14 That is why the well was called Beer Lahai Roi; it is still there, between Kadesh and Bered.

Your post is pure and reminds me that I too, like Hagar, must respond with thanksgiving in my heart and commit my life to serving this One {JESUS] who has called me by name.

Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[JESUS - the One I Worship]

Every Day Blessings said...

I love this post. We are chosen by Him, He does want us.We are all here for a reason. I too, was saved when I was 9 years old. I went to church camp and came back a changed little girl. My dad said he could see it all over my face. From that My parents started taking me to church and 5 years later my dad accepted Christ. He is now at Home with the Lord but I know without a doubt that I was chosen to help lead him there.
blessings,

valerie said...

Beth,
I always know I can come to your blog and receive a Word. Thank you! There are several heavy things on my heart this morning. I know God has called each of us by name. I have friends who are hurting and it breaks my heart. God chose each of us....each of them and will carry them through. I'm praying I can be a strong prayer warrior and friend to each one.
I appreciate "Truth Sharer's" comment. El Roi...God sees me. :)
Thanks again for this great reminder.
Love,
Valerie

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful. You know we all have had a plan made by Christ for us, but it is us who failed to complete or even to walk towards those plans. Isn't it ashame that we can not just obey and see what the Lord has prepared for us...even as a Christian I can not obey at all times...but I am so glad that I answered that call when HE called out my name!

Laurie said...

Amen Beth. It often overwhelms, almost scares me that God chose me. (Scare meaning the fear of the Lord!) I appreciate your words and love the pictures of your family on the blog. And you are right- kids prefer boxes:) Love, Laurie

Sharon said...

He knew us before it all, and was In LOVE with us then. He calls me by my name, how awesome is that.

Great post, Well written my friend :)

Stephanie said...

Beth
Your post is so true,as I was reading it reminded me of when i was in my mothers womb how then God had me covered. You see when my mother was carrying me she almost lost me,and even after birth I almost died. I found this out last year. I had attended a church with a co-worker of mine and there was a prophet there he called me up and told me that I was not suppose to be there,I told him I was invited,he said no that is not what I mean you were not suppose to have been born. That was very powerful for me. So when I read your post it really touched my soul. Thank You.

LisaShaw said...

Beautiful!!!

The entire chapter of John 15 is etched in my spirit.

What an amazing grace to know that we have been chosen by JESUS. That warms, strengthens and humbles my heart over and over again.

I love you sweet sister and just left your prayer blog: At His Feet.

Beth in NC said...

I am in total agreement with your prayer. I am grateful for our Lord and I too want to be consumed with passion for Him.

Bless you Beth!

Karen Hossink said...

Hi Beth,
Thank you for your kind words on my blog today. I am so glad "you" found me. (I am pretty sure God had His hand in on it! *grin*)
Oh, I want to exude strength and love, but it is ONLY by the grace of God that I have either one of them!

And your words here - How delighted I am to be chosen by Him!
"Only God can loves us like that." You are so right!

May His peace rest upon you today.

Loving Jesus,
Karen

The Pifer's said...

Your blog is so inspirtational and I LOVE it, I can't tell you how much it means to me to read your post! My husband and I are going through a difficult time, and to read your thoughts really touch me!

Thank you,
Tiffany Pifer
thepiferfamily.blogspot.com