Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday Steps of Faith - Treasure Hunt

Steps of Faith


I am joining my friend Lisa for her Saturday Steps today.

"But my heart stands in awe of Your Word. I rejoice at Your Word as one who finds great treasure" (Psalm 119:161-162)

There is treasure to be found in the holy inspired Word of God and I am believing God today that with the help of my precious Lord, He will enable me to continually find treasure upon treasure in His Word.

The treasure is there, my friends, but we will only find it if we are actively looking for it. We have to dig and search. We have to seek.

We will never find the treasure that is buried in the God-inspired, God-breathed Word if we aren't diligently devouring the pages of the spoken Word. Things worth finding are worth searching for.

Everytime we open our bibles we should be so thankful that we have such a powerful weapon right in our hands! We should be thankful that at this moment in our lives, we can read the Word of God freely and without fear. We should be thankful that the truths in His Word are for everyone - the truths are for us.

I am believing God, that as I seek - I will find.

I have some prayer requests on my "At His Feet" link if you feel led to join me.


Beth

10 comments:

Lisa said...

In the 5 months I have been blogging, there are a couple of things that I know are true:
1 - you are finding Him.
2 - you treasure Him.
3 - you treasure every time you find Him.
I look forward to following in the deep places with you and am believing God right along side you.
Blessings ~ Lisa

Julie said...

I love your words of inspiration.
Thank you! You say it so well, His word is treasure to seek out!
The deeper I dig, the more instruction, correction, love I find. We are so blessed to have a God who is always with us.

PW said...

Amen, the Word of God is a treasure!!

Unknown said...

Amen. I believe God purposely hides His wisdom as a treasure buried in the earth for us to have to dig after! Would we ever deem it a treasure and spend it wisely otherwise?

Alleluiabelle said...

Dearest Beth,

I am so inspired by your writing for you write from your heart and the abundant love that it holds for Him. Golden truth you speak here. Golden truth regarding His Word. Seek you will find. Dig deep and searth and the treasures will surely be there just waiting for us. I love your writing, your love for the Lord, your heart... it exudes Him for He resides in you as you do in Him. Beautiful, oh so beautiful you are Beth. He is using you mightily and you are obeying and abiding in and through Him. All praise, honor and glory to God!

You ministered to me today and I thank you. You are a treasure that He has given to all of us and that He has led us to as well. May God bless you in all ways my dear sister and friend.

Love, Blessings, Peace & Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

I am believing with you Beth, wonderful post.

Tammy said...

This is the very thing I'm teach in our SS class. Seeking Him. Being that intentional woman in seeking God to fulfill His purpose.

Your message blessed me.

Beth E. said...

What Lisa said is so true...I add a hearty AMEN to her comment!

You are truly an inspiration to us all.

Blessings,
Beth

Karen Hossink said...

"Things worth finding are worth searching for."
Right, you are, my friend!

Toia said...

That's what is so wonderful about God's Word. It's always refreshing and new. I love digging deep into God's Word to get revelation. Thanks so much for sharing this post.