Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Created for Him by Him

When we declare ourselves to be Christians, our #1 priority in our lives should be to please God. Our very existence becomes about Him. Not about us. We should be living our lives in such a way that we bring glory and honor to the One who created us. After all, that is why He created us in the first place.

"For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him" (Colossians 1:16)

He created us for His pleasure and to worship Him. To bring Him the honor and glory that He deserves.

To glorify God means to magnify Him through giving praise to His name and honoring His commandments. Worship and obedience. Lifting holy hands and guarding holy hearts.

"I will praise you, O LORD, my God, with all my heart. And I will glorify your name forevermore." (Psalm 86:12)

Isaiah 43:7 tells us that "Everyone who is called by My name, whom I have created for My glory, I have formed him, yes, I have made him."

God reveals Himself to us through His glory. God's glory is part of who He is and it is how He shows Himself mighty. It is how God reveals to us WHO HE IS. How He brings us to a new understanding of Him.

Understanding who God is changes our center of focus from ourselves to Him.

Understanding who God is enables us to see who we really are through Him.

Understanding who God is should humble us. Enlighten us. Fill us with joy. Bring us to our knees and faces. Open the eyes of our hearts.

Precious Lord, help me to really grasp who you are. Help me live my life so that it is pleasing in your sight. May I strive to bring glory and honor to your name. May I seek you with all my heart.

As I seek - open my eyes.
As I find - Fill my heart.
As I grow - Make me like You.

Beth

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yet, we CAN and at times (too many I'm afraid) DO go throughout life without Him. Without stopping to thank, praise, worship, appreciate who and what He is. I'm so unsure of how I continue to do this time and time again.... and how each time I can find grace and forgiveness. But, there He always is! Praise You Father!!

Beth E. said...

Your entire post is wonderful. This part, however, really blessed me:

"As I seek - open my eyes.
As I find - Fill my heart.
As I grow - Make me like You."


Amen!

Lisa said...

"Lifting holy hands and guarding holy hearts."
Lord guard my heart and draw me to You. May we all see you clearly!

Great lesson Beth!
Blessings ~ Lisa

Stephanie said...

Beth thank you for this word. How truly blessed we are when we honor and give Him all the glory that He deserves.

Karen Hossink said...

Oh, that I would grasp who He truly is, and live my life for His glory!
Amen, dear sister!

Warren Baldwin said...

Good post. I just read some of the prayer requests on your other blog, too. It is sad about the apparent "scam" being run by a mother. More evidence of the fallen world we live in, and more reason to be in prayer and proclamation! wb

A Stone Gatherer said...

I love the verses in Jeremiah 9: 23-24 (I think), the part that says - let him who boast, boast about this - that he understands and knows me

LisaShaw said...

I returned to read this again as I had not a chance to comment. This deeply blessed my heart Beth.

I love your heart to share God's word and truth with us.