I always love thankful thursday's with Sonya - it causes me to stop and dwell on the good things that God does daily in my life.
1. I am thankful that as depicted in Nehemiah, God is the re-builder of the broken walls of our lives. He can take what is torn apart and put the pieces back together again. Thank you Lord, for doing a little construction work in my life time and time again.
2. I am thankful that as depicted in Psalms, God is our song. "Praise the Lord! Sing to the LORD a new song, and His praise in the assembly of saints." (Psalm 149:1) Thank you Lord, for the gift of music and the gift you gave me to play the flute. When I play, I play for you and for your glory.
3. I am thankful that as depicted in Genesis, God is the breath of life. "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being." (Genesis 2:7) Thank you Lord for breathing the breath of life into me and being my Creator.
4. I am thankful that as depicted in Timothy, God is our King of Kings and Lord of Lords. "...which God will bring about in his own time - God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords" (1 Timothy 6:15) Thank you Lord for having dominion over all things and being the one True King of this world.
5. I am thankful that as depicted in James, God is our Healer. "And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven" (James 5:15) Thank you Lord for the healing that you bestowed upon me when I was 10 years old. You are Jehovah Rapha.
6. I am thankful that I heard from Melissa last night from Bolivia, South America. It was so good to hear her voice and know that she is OK. Thank you Lord for keeping my daughter safe and for planting the desire in her heart to do mission work for You.