I join Sonya again for Thankful Thursday and I just want to say thank you, Sonya! I know we are all thankful each day, but I am so glad the Lord led you to do this. It gives me a set day to really sit and give my God thanks for so many things!
1. I am so thankful for God's mercy. Let me tell you, I need His mercy every day of my life! If not for this mercy, I would have no hope. Praise you Jesus for the mercy you have shown me and keep showing me in my life.
2. I am thankful for my little grandbaby - Mercie - who will be "1" tomorrow. She is aptly named. Thank you Lord, for sweet little Mercie. Shortly after she was born, Mikaela asked her mother, "When we say Mercie's name, how will God know if we are talkin' about her or just praising his name?" :)
3. I am SO thankful that because of Christ there is forgiveness! Thank you, Lord. I need this everyday. It pains me that I need this everyday, but thankful that He supplies it.
4. I am thankful that I have a nice, warm home when it is so cold outside. Oh, Lord be with all those who don't have the warmth of a home. Warm them with your love.
5. I am thankful that I can see the glory of God each day if I just take the time to look for it!
There is so much I am thankful for. I am going to try and spend more time being thankful and less time whining. I want a heart of gratitude! I want to focus on the positive. I want to see the little things each day that God does in our lives that we tend to overlook. I want my eyes opened to Him and His glory.
"Enter into His gates with thanksgiving. And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name." (Psalm 100:4)