I LOVE Thankful Thursday! Thank you Sonya for helping us to stop and realize our blessings.
1. I am thankful for His powerful hand upon me. I left work sick yesterday with a bad migraine. I could barely even talk my head hurt so bad and I felt really sick. I lay down and prayed and when I got up later I was able to fulfill my obligation to cook for the youth last night and even was able to keep the nursery during prayer meeting! Praise Jesus - He is so faithful.
2. I am thankful for a godly husband and for the impact that he has on this community. Sometimes when that phone rings AGAIN and it is someone else that needs him (or that it’s his 4th funeral in 8 days….) I start to get irritated, but then I remember. “Hey - he works for God and this is God’s work!” I am just so thankful that people know that they can depend upon him. I am thankful for a godly husband.
3. I am thankful that I can worship the Lord when I play the flute. As I was playing one day, I realized that if the Lord had not healed me from asthma (very bad asthma ) when I was 10, I would NOT be able to play a wind instrument like the flute. Thank you Lord, that even then, you knew what I would one day do for your glory!
4. I am thankful for the Word of God. I am thankful that I can always find a word that speaks to me anytime I open up the scriptures and read.
5. I am thankful for prayer. I am so thankful that God gave us this venue to be able to commune with Him. To take our hearts to him. To pour out our innermost thoughts. To know Him.