Thursday, February 12, 2009
I am joining Sonya again for her Thankful Thursday. I am so thankful for you, Sonya! (that one doesn't count:)as my five)
1. I am ever so thankful for the power of prayer. I have seen it manifest this week in so many ways. I cannot imagine how anyone functions without that lifeline of prayer to God.
James 5:6 "... the effective fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."
2. I am thankful for the freedom we have to go to church. We can worship anytime, anywhere, anyway! Thank you, Jesus!
3. I am thankful that my sweet friend, Phyllis, made it through her 2nd surgery yesterday with no complications. She remains steadfast in her faith. What a testimony and a blessing she is.
4. I am thankful for new life. Babies are truly miracles. I am thankful that my daughter's pregnancy is going so well and that in less than 8 weeks we will hold that little miracle in our arms! Thank you, Lord!
5. I am thankful that we have the freedom and capability to tell others about Christ and His love through venues such as this. We can do it without the threat of persecution or punishment. Praise you, Lord!