I just love Thankful Thursday. I am so grateful to Sonya for hosting this each week. We need to be thankful on a daily basis, but it is nice to have a day that we truly focus on thankfulness.
I am so thankful for:
1. SALVATION - Without the saving power of Jesus, I would have no hope. I would have no forgiveness of sins. I would not have eternal life. (John 3:16) Thank you Lord, for salvation.
2. THE CLEANSING POWER OF JESUS - Psalm 51:10 tells us "Create in me a clean heart, O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me". Without that cleansing power I would be lost in my sin. I'd be as filthy rags. I'd be headed for an eternity in hell. Thank you Lord, for your cleansing power.
3. THAT GOD IS MY HELP - When I call out to God, He hears me. He cares about me. He wants what is best for me. Psalm 120:1 says "In my distress, I cried to the Lord and He heard me." Thank you Lord, for hearing my cry. Thank you that you are my help in my time of trouble.
4. FOR NO RECORD OF SINS - The Lord doesn't keep track of the many times I fail Him. Psalm 130:3 says, "If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O LORD, who could stand?" Thank you Lord that you erase my sins and cast them as far as the east is to the west.
5. PRAISE! - I am so glad that the Lord made a way for us to give Him glory! I am so glad that I can lift my hands and my voice toward heaven and give my God Praise! Psalm 34:1 tells us that "His praise shall continually be in my mouth" Thank you Lord that I can praise you for you are truly worthy to be praised.