Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

THANKful Thursday

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Sonya - you are so special and I am so THANKFUL that you have committed to this special day.

1. I am thankful for Mikaela. Being her Nana has been such a huge blessing for the past 6 years and 5 months. Her smile erases any frowns. Her laugh overrides any sadness. She fills my heart with joy. She asked me one time, "Nana- when God made a rainbow, do you think He used colors or markers?" Yes... I am thankful for Mikaela.

2. I am thankful for Eli. My first experience with a little boy has been the biggest blast! For 3 years and 10 months, this little fella has brought laughter to my heart and joy unspeakable to my soul. When he wraps his little arms around my neck and says, I love you Nana" I just melt. Oh, indeed... I am thankful for Eli.

3. I am thankful for Bryton. My baby's first baby. He has added sparkles to my eyes for 2 years and 2 months. His entered this world with some scary times, but God reached down and touched his little body. He is a bundle of energy and love. What happiness this precious one has brought me! When I carried him out of church last night he looked up at the sky and got so excited when he saw the moon, he kept saying "the moon? and God?". Oh yes... I am thankful for Bryton.

4. I am thankful for Mercie. What a sweet little angel she is. She has enriched my life for 1 year and 2 months. Her adorable little pouty lips and quiet dark eyes are full of mystery. Oh what a beautiful bundle of love she is! I look so forward to hearing her REALLY say 'Nana'. I love her so. Oh, my... am I ever thankful for Mercie.

5. I am thankful for Sawyer. This precious little baby has been bringing me enjoyment for 1 month now. He already has me head over heels in love with him. What joy it will be to watch him grow. Oh, man... am I thankful for Sawyer.

Lord, you have blessed me beyond measure. I am so full of love for these precious grandchildren. Thank you for allowing me to be their Nana.

"Oh, give thanks to the Lord for He is good. For His mercy endures forever" (Psalm 136:1)

Beth

10 comments:

Yolanda said...

Grandkids are simply indescribable!! A gift from God.

Love ya

Beth in NC said...

So sweet!

SusanD said...

I'm with Yolanda on this one. Indescribably joy. Blessings, SusanD

TRUTH SHARER said...

And you've been getting a lot of Nana-Sugar this week! Isn't it great?

Blessings to you...

Anonymous said...

How sweet....I think it is wonderful that you get to be with your grandkids...I know that it breaks my mother in law's heart (along with our's) that the one and only grandchild lives so far away.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

If your quiver wasn't full before, it certainly is now with all of these gifts from God. Thanks for loving them and investing your life into theirs. They will be blessed because of it; so will you, even as you already are.

peace to you in your weekend~elaine

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

How wonderful!!!!! I felt all huggy and just wanted to smooch each one of them! Nothing better than little ones, is there???!!!!!

Cora

Unknown said...

What a blessing you are to your garndbabies.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Your grandbabies have a wonderful God loving Nana too! What a blessing they are and you are!

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

You are such a sweetie! All the glory goes back to God - our posts are a sweet aroma in heaven on Thursdays.

You are blessed to have such precious grandkids. I'll rejoice with you!

Sonya Lee