Thursday, April 30, 2009
Sonya - you are so special and I am so THANKFUL that you have committed to this special day.
1. I am thankful for Mikaela. Being her Nana has been such a huge blessing for the past 6 years and 5 months. Her smile erases any frowns. Her laugh overrides any sadness. She fills my heart with joy. She asked me one time, "Nana- when God made a rainbow, do you think He used colors or markers?" Yes... I am thankful for Mikaela.
2. I am thankful for Eli. My first experience with a little boy has been the biggest blast! For 3 years and 10 months, this little fella has brought laughter to my heart and joy unspeakable to my soul. When he wraps his little arms around my neck and says, I love you Nana" I just melt. Oh, indeed... I am thankful for Eli.
3. I am thankful for Bryton. My baby's first baby. He has added sparkles to my eyes for 2 years and 2 months. His entered this world with some scary times, but God reached down and touched his little body. He is a bundle of energy and love. What happiness this precious one has brought me! When I carried him out of church last night he looked up at the sky and got so excited when he saw the moon, he kept saying "the moon? and God?". Oh yes... I am thankful for Bryton.
4. I am thankful for Mercie. What a sweet little angel she is. She has enriched my life for 1 year and 2 months. Her adorable little pouty lips and quiet dark eyes are full of mystery. Oh what a beautiful bundle of love she is! I look so forward to hearing her REALLY say 'Nana'. I love her so. Oh, my... am I ever thankful for Mercie.
5. I am thankful for Sawyer. This precious little baby has been bringing me enjoyment for 1 month now. He already has me head over heels in love with him. What joy it will be to watch him grow. Oh, man... am I thankful for Sawyer.
Lord, you have blessed me beyond measure. I am so full of love for these precious grandchildren. Thank you for allowing me to be their Nana.
"Oh, give thanks to the Lord for He is good. For His mercy endures forever" (Psalm 136:1)